Sunday, December 26, 2021

Rhododendron Trail - Clue 4 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

 Week 4 - Oh my.  At what point do I get to be caught up.  This week releases to find me cutting parts 2, 3, and 4 all at once.  What a crazy time.  I am,  once again, however, so very glad to have the scrap users system in place.  I am able to pull quite a few strips to give some variety and speed up the cutting a wee bit.  When there is this many pieces to cut --- any shortcut helps.

12/18 - I get started cutting, but just barely.  Hey, Bonnie said a few here and a few there would help.  I'm counting on it.



12/20 - A little more devotion today and they are all cut!!!  Woohoo --- once things go into the hundreds, it just seems so daunting.


12/22 - it's been a couple more days and I'm finally starting to sew --- ALL THREE PARTS at once.  I know that sounds crazy, but it IS what happens.   The first seam happens and I have a ton of half hourglass units.


12/23 - The week is ticking by and I want to have this clue finished before number 5 hits the interwebs.  Tonight's task:  Iron all the little buggers.



12/26 - I'm down to only one day before another clue releases.  This needs to happen and it does.  The second side is sewn on.


Movie time with Mister has me pressing and dog-ear removing.  By the time the movie is over, I'm done too (this is before dog-ears are gone).


And just like that --- I have a pretty batch of hourglasses.  Aren't they just so cute?


Adding them to the tray leaves me with these lovelies.  It's getting exciting now and I am officially caught up.  It's never too late to join the fun --- here's your LINK.  See ya with clue 5 shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment