Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Finished Quilts

 Another year is in the books and as I look back, I really didn't make very may large quilts this year.  Oh, I made a ton of tops, but the quilting just didn't happen.  Part of that was my machine in the shop and the other part ---- either lazy or intimidated.  It's gotta be one or the other.  Hopefully, in 2022, I can knock down that stack of tops that are ready.  Here's a look back at the many mini-quilts and a few others that DID happen.

January - This little Row by Row became a wall hanging for my sister's camper.  How fun.


The Skinnie project that I started last fall continues --- here is February's Valentine wall hanging.  I do wish I had outlined the envelope in a grey thread, but it's done.


February -  St. Patrick's Day and a pot of gold are the focus for this month's Skinnie.  I added a TON of gold coins compared to the pattern.

March - Easter is that holiday that moves around so a person needs a couple different Skinnies for March and April.  This month I made one for Easter and then another just for April --- April Showers, right?


May -  I decided to do May and June this month.  


July - Summer fun continues with Skinnies for July and August.  I love the bright, cheery borders on two of them, but one will likely be gifted as I don't really need 2 in July.


September -   Three more Skinnies and this project is DONE.  I have one for each month now and am good with that.  Since I did one last November too, one was gifted to my mom on our visit north and I doubled up on October as well so one went as a birthday gift to my friend Val.


With a new baby this month some actual quilts did take place.  His car quilt -




Hand quilted Tricot - snuggle quilt



And his main quilt backed with minkee scraps and using Bonnie Hunters Scrappy Mountain Majesties as a pattern.  This was almost completely made with one layer cake.  The inside border and a few grey pieces to complete the outer border were the only additions.




My granddaughter is turning 2 and getting a "big bed" which means she needs a new quilt and pillow sham.  Here is Cotton Candy Rails - by me.  It just has a solid fabric back.



Last years Reader Appreciation Mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter is finished!  Yay!!!  I did ONE from the stack so far this year and it will be the only one.  Somehow October, November, and December just took me off track.  I'll get back on next year -- fingers crossed.  At any rate, here is Grassy Creek.



The outside border on the backing is actually white with clovers although it appears green in these pictures.


December - 

We are starting a table runner/topper of the  month in January and the first one is ready to go.  I actually have another runner and 6 placemats to match that need to be quilted, but that will happen in 2022.  This is Square Scramble.

Onto 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment