Friday, December 24, 2021

Rhododendron Trail - Clue 2 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

 Week 2 has arrived and Flying Geese are on the docket.  I do love making these units and remember when they were such a challenge.  Oh what a difference a specialty ruler can make.  However, I'm still behind on my life and won't get to cut on release day.  I'll get there and perhaps at some point will even be caught up.  

12/16 - It's happening.  I am cutting for this clue.  I've decided to get all the cutting done that I need for the rest of the month in order to enjoy the holidays without a mess everywhere.  Hey, it's a lofty goal, but a girl has to try now and then.  Fabrics are on the table and ready to be cut into small pieces that then need to be sewn back together.  Kinda crazy, right?


And - voila!!  We are cut and ready for some chaining.  My Easy Angle and Companion Angle Rulers came to the rescue once again and this was completed in just over an hour.

12/22 - Yes, it's been almost a week, but today is the day --- these ARE going down.


One at a time - the first side goes on - with half being yellow and half being neutral.


12/24 - Happy Christmas Eve!!  Calm is starting to arrive around here.  Quiet Christmas's can do that.  Everything has been shipped, cookies have been delivered to all our favorite local spots, and we are settled in for the week.  Yep --- this is a sewing week for me -- always trying to touch the machine each day and keep the "saddies" away.  It's hard with family so far.  At any rate.  I settle in and press the halves that have been sewn.


Mister is out shopping (crazy person --- but, hey, when Harbor Freight has a coupon . . .) so I find myself at the sewing machine, completely undisturbed.


Forty-five minutes later ---- I have the second halves sewn on and am ready for another run at the iron.


Pressing, de-dog-earing (word?) and a quick photo lets me call this clue DONE.  Do I have your interest peaked yet?  Perhaps you want to play along?  Here is the Bonnie LINK to let you do just that.  See ya with the next clue and Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment