Saturday, October 12, 2019

Sapphire Blues - Clue 7


Well now.  Howdy.  I have just returned from a WONDERFUL retreat down on the Brazos River and have just been renewed by the love.  There were blues as well.  From the beautiful sky to the river, blue made it's appearance known.


Are you ready for this weeks clue?  Guess what???  NO CUTTING at all.  That's right.  This week we're going to assemble some of the units already made.



Please read all the way down just to be safe and make sure no mistakes come your way.  On your mark, get set, GO!

Locate your Unit  5's.  All 200 of them,


We are going to put them together and create Unit 11.

Unit 11 - Make 100

Lay your unit 11's wide end to wide end.


Fold one piece over onto the other and line up the wide ends.  YES - the seams are going the same way.  They won't nest.


I DO use pins on this step and HIGHLY recommend that you do as well.  Those who know me well, know how much I really don't like using pins.  If I say to use them, it's probably a good idea.


Stitch the seam.  Press OPEN.


And that's the unit.  Keep going until you have 100.  Now, since I pin these I work two at a time -- 1 engine and 1 caboose (1 leader, 1 ender) at a time so that something is always under the needle.


Perhaps your dark edge is larger on one side than the other.  It happens.  Place your pins in the appropriate place.


Lay the unit on the machine so that the longer unit is on the bottom and let those feed dogs be your friend.


You'll be amazed at how they come together without puckers.  Yes, I have a slight difference in my points.  I'm okay with that.


Before you know it, you'll have this wonderful stack.


Part two of this weeks clue uses Units 8 & 10.  Bring them to the table.


We are simply going to put them together.

Unit 12 - Make 56

Just lay them out so that the light blue creates a "V" of sorts.


Fold one side onto the other.


And stitch.  Notice how I've turned the unit over?  That's because, once again, I wish to have access to that cross seam that includes a point.  I can sew it just the way I need to if I stitch from the back side.  Be careful that you don't stitch the wrong side seam.  Oh --- I pinned these too.  Honest.  Just not this sample one.


Is it close enough to make you happy?  Mine is.


Continue until you have gone through the entire stack and have a new bunch of blue love.


And that's it for this week.  I wonder what next week will bring.  I'm sure you're also wondering about all that neutral.  It's coming, I promise.  Until next week -- keep on creating and be sure to check out the Facebook group so that you can share with us all.  Here's your LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment