Thursday, October 31, 2019

Frolic - Introduction - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Happy Halloween!!!  Love, love, love that this begins today.  It is 5 in the morning and I am oh so thankful that Bonnie has posted in the wee hours.  It appears that we are going to "Frolic" in the Texas Wildflowers.  Oh my.  I love this so very much and have wanted to do a quilt in these colors for quite some time.

My car is packed and I'm heading south for the International Quilt Festival in Houston, meeting up with friends in Madisonville in a few short hours.

Once I've retrieved my passengers, our very next stop is at Lowe's in Spring, TX.  One simply cannot just go to festival without the paint chips in hand.  What would I look for?  I am not shopping for anything else this year --- just a few pieces for this mystery and I can't do that without the chips.  A quick dash in the door and straight to the paint department.  Ooooh, Sherri and I are ready to go.  Gwen stops to get a bottle of water and we are outta here.  Yes, I feel a bit guilty for not doing any additional shopping BUT my hubby is in Lowe's weekly.  That helps with the guilt.



Now, let's get to Houston and see what we can purchase for this.  I know I'm short on blues from my own Sapphire Blues mystery, so those are a definite must purchase.  I also don't think I have the constant green at home -- so I'll grab that too.


After two days of shopping, I have a few of everything except neutrals.  I'm really liking this so much.


Once home, out to the studio I go in the hopes of finding both it and some usable fabric.  I am digging deep here, going through ALL my strips, squares, and scraps.  I want variety, but don't want to purchase anymore if at all possible.  A few neutrals are pulled too -- I'll add to them as I go if I need to.  It's a GREAT beginning.  My mind is at ease and a few of the fat quarters I bought were not quite right, so into the bins they went.  I also switched out the green.  The one from Houston is probably spot on in color but I think I like the second one better.  As always, though, minds can change and I have three weeks of looking at these before a final decision will need to be made.


Here are close ups of each half of the table.  The red box is all the neutral bits I had around and need to use up.


And the other half.  Upper right shows my bin of Texas Wildflower fabrics.  Somehow a backing will appear from these and perhaps binding too.  Time will tell.


I have all the required rulers and so, now the wait begins.  Is it Black Friday yet?  As I've shared before, patience is not my strong suit BUT I have a new grandbaby coming before this opens and I am frantically trying to get some quilts finished.  Sew, girl, sew.  Well, that's it for now and please remember that you can always locate my posts on the mystery by clicking the Frolic tab at the top of the blog.  See ya Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment