Sunday, October 6, 2019

Brazos "Going Batty" Retreat

Retreat Season at Brazos is back!!!  I so love this place and time of year.  October retreat is our signal of so much fun ahead.  I completely packed the car yesterday and I am outta here.  Next stop ------  ooooh, yay!




Once the work is done, the room set up and most have arrived, bellies must be remembered.  The tradition of Babes continues and I'm happy to say that contentment is found.


Paula and I decide to walk over to a new quilt shop but first --- Dumbo is out front.


Sew Much Love resides in a cute little house right on Pearl Street.  To check it out, here's a LINK that may tempt you into a visit.  While there, I spot this super fun panel.  Hmmmmn.

I am so happy though.  I was a good girl and kept the purse closed.  I'm in countdown for Houston.  Soon after our return, Lana has received quilts back from Maria the Quilter.  Just look how fun they are.  Show and share time.


Oooooh, blue . . . and so intriguing.


Elephant Love.


I'm handling this retreat slightly different than those in the past.  I have been in a perpetual state of behind for awhile now and am hoping to do some catch-up while here.  Thus, no sewing machine.  I DO, however, have fabric to cut and kit up.

First though --- I have the need to check out the river.  The last time I was here (back in May) we were watching it rise and flood.  This time, it's a bit different.  Okay, it's a lot different.  I cannot remember ever seeing it this low.  EVER.


Karen and Brenda are along with me and we are able to walk completely down the stairs.


A view I've never had.


By the time evening comes around, my station has fun gifts all around and the beer panel I was wishing on has even come my way as a gift from Maria.  So, so cool.

Some projects are under way.  Rocky with a TA-DA --- oven mitt.

These are a great way to use up jean pockets once the main pieces have been cut away for other uses.

And now -- the day is done.  Last ladies standing and a super fun group it is.  Time for bed and then a whole new day to play.  Just keep scrolling.


4th - Good Morning!  I have a goal!  Hahahaha --- that sounds funny even to my ears as I type.  It is true though.  With a new granddaughter on the way, it's time to make her a quilt.


But first -- some food.  Strength for the day.


I'm making progress.  Quilt one is cut and ready to go ---  it's the car quilt.  I've also prepped another larger quilt for her.


Val with a TA-DA


I see Sapphire Blues being worked on.  It makes my heart so happy.


River time with the gang.  Such great moments.


A little peek at the ladies on the way back.


Brenda with a TA-DA


Preparing for the group picture ---- laughter is ongoing.


Ah, here we go.  Every retreat I say that it is an amazing group of women and every retreat I mean it.  Love these ladies so much.  Back row:  Betsy Brenda, Val, Brenda, Frieda, Karen, Rocky, Samantha, Gwen.  Front row:  Rebecca, Terrie, Lana, Paula, Maria, Leanne, me, Tracey.  Thank you all for sharing your weekend with me.


Tonight is game night.  It's always a good time, but October is usually even a bit better.  With a theme of "Going Batty", who knows where it will lead.  The costume contest is happily underway.  Val and Paula


Me, in my rather poor attempt to be a spool of quilt batting and Betsy's fantastic pin cushion.


Brenda and Lana


Karen and Rocky - don't you love the "batty" interpretations?


Tracey and Frieda


Terrie and Rebecca


Gwen, Leanne, and Brenda


Lots of advancements tonight ---- and surprises as no one really knew they were coming.  First two are Brenda and Frieda, both achieving Emerald status.


Gwen moving to Pearl and Rocky hitting the highest attainable level of Silver Diamond.  Congrats to all!!!


Let the games begin ---- LCR at it's finest --- fat quarter winner is Terrie!!!  Love it when the newbies win.


Fun, fun times.  A few door prize winners.


Interesting new dollar bills.


The winners of our jelly rolls are Tracey and Val.  Woot woot.


Whew!  Love, love, love game night.  Love TA-DA's too.  Maria is up.


Scene from the room


And fun love



LLS ---- WONDERFUL night.


5th - The days are going by waaaaay too fast and, unfortunately, one of our group has to depart to meet another obligation.  That means the Newbie picture needs to be taken.  Meet Brenda, Terrie, and Rebecca.  We are sooooo happy to have them with us.


Betsy with a Mondo TA-DA


My project for today is to mark a baby tricot quilt.  Yep, I am definitely in baby mode here.


Maria and Frieda have a joint TA-Da --- and the Boxy Tote is presented to . .  . . .  ROCKY!!  She has made so many of these for others and it's simply awesome to see her receive one back.


Maria with a TA-DA.  Soooo cool.


Rocky and Frieda have achieved another TA-DA too.  This giraffe pillow is cuter than words.



The rest of my day is spent helping Paula get all of her Sapphire Blues parts cut out.  That's a lot of pieces.


An evening walk to see the river once more


And visitors hanging around on the house.


Brenda has a Fat Quarter Bag TA-DA


Tracey with a beautiful jewelry TA-DA


Samanthat's TA-DA


And Last Night picture.  Oh my heart --- I really enjoyed the night.  (sorry for the blur)


6th - It's Sunday and that's departure day.  So, so, sad.  We are a small group today so everyone is a the table together for our meal and conversation.  It's the best moment.


In fact, so good that we needed to savor it with a picture.


Once the work is done --- the room is broke down -- the gang can relax and just hang for a bit.  I also love these moments.  I treasure them.  New friends have been made, more plans for the future are hatched.  We have to say good-bye but it's just for a short time.


And we are outta here.  Thank you so much to these two who support me ALWAYS!!!  I love you both more than I can say.  From Paula, Val, and I -- Brazos Out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting us to this fabulous retreat, just had the best time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooooo glad you two joined us and cannot wait until the next one. I am enjoying getting to know you both better.

      Delete