Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Miller's B&B - Girl Time Again

I have worked so hard this week to be able to run away for a couple of days and play at Miller's B&B on the Lake.  With the sun not even up yet, I am on the road and arrive before 8.  I would have liked to have left earlier, but Mister was all worried about me driving in the dark --- which I did anyway.  At any rate, let's get this party started.

My goals for the next two days are simple: 1)  Quilt my Sapphire Blues mystery and attach the binding and 2) make 2 quilt tops for new baby due in November.  I'm going to use Ouiser for the quilting as she is an old friend and it's the only way I could make the journey here.  Otherwise, quilting at home would have had to happen. 

The girls are all here as they arrived last night and after our catch-ups and coffee, yes coffee and  a big cup, I am ready to get this quilt loaded.  Time to quilt.





While I am quilting, Paula has been working on her Sapphire Blues as well.  This morning, I think she's got a slight issue going and I'm glad I looked up when I did.  Only a few to rip out.

Ooooh, she got caught playing and not sewing!  hahahaha


Sherri is working on a quilt top that will be donated to her church bazaar next month and a few little hand sewn adjustments are required.


Bellies are rumbling so we are off to lunch in Athens at Callaway's Coffee and Bistro and our server is a great sport.  Honest.  I'm in a good mood today so look out.  The food is yummy and with a salad in my tummy, I'm ready return to the lake and finish off this quilting.


I have to laugh at this -- spotted on another table in the cafe.


There are a few bumps in the road but soon Ouiser and I are seeing eye to eye and making progress.  That is until I notice that my backing is not big enough.  WTW? 


I take the quilt off the frame and trim three sides, giving me a long strip that I can add to the fourth side and then put back on the frame to quilt ONE INCH!!!  This has taken much longer than I wanted.


The last run takes mere seconds and off the frame it comes for good.  I trim the last side and head straight to the machine to attach the binding.  YES!  I can finish this up while in Montana.


As soon as the binding is on, a batch of leader/enders for the next project take stage. 


Girl time.  We are a just sewing away, visiting, laughing, and sharing the love.  I so needed this right now.  Nothing much changes in this picture from the one above EXCEPT the daylight has disappeared.


I also cropped the picture because I was sure I would have this post up before the reveal ---- silly me.  Here's the whole thing.


Sherri has a TA-DA --- her top is ready to quilt.  I love this so much and she did a great job on it.


Just Paula and I are burning the midnight oil.  Here's out Last Ladies Standing picture.  Great friends and great memories.


Good morning!!!  I am ready to really get this car quilt for the new baby going.  I have matched up all the parts and am making blocks.


And the blocks become a layout!!!


Storms are heading in and Ana is a bit worried so wants to depart as soon as she can.  Thus --- our little group picture must take place!!!  Paula is staying until tomorrow and I'm outta here this evening to prepare for little tomorrow.


As if on cue --- the storm arrives.  Ana is now going to wait for it to pass a bit.  More time with her!!!!


We just merrily sew through the day and I'm having such a great time that I don't even take many pictures.  I'm keeping the memories to myself on this one.  Sherri has completed another TA-DA -- a table runner for the bazaar made with pumpkin string blocks.


I've put the first little top together -


It's time for me to go and Kevin (Sherri's hubby -- who has been the best host, cooking meals for us and everything) asks, "why?"  Without having a great answer, I call Mister and see if he has any issues with me staying another night and getting up early in the morning to complete the chores I need to before the kids arrive in the afternoon.  He agrees that it is manageable tomorrow and I'm clear to play for the rest of tonight.  Woot woot.  Thank you Kevin.

With my extra time, I am able to finish up this second top which looks nothing like this picture.  The colors are all bright and vivid.  At any rate --- this one is ready to quilt too.  I now have to clean my area and pack up.  I'm the only one over here in our little sewing area as baseball has taken over the night.  It's been so much fun and good for my soul to be here.  Much love to Sherri, Paula, and Ana for just being who they are and a part of my life.  I'm leaving in the wee hours to drive home.  Ta-ta for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment