Friday, July 28, 2023

Quilt Sisters Exploring - Boonville, MO (Bridge, Park, and Sunset)

 Due to a bit of a a faux pas on my part, we are staying in Boonville, MO tonight.  If you go on a map and look up the distance from Hamilton, MO to Boonville, MO, you will find that we have made VERY little progress today.  We are TWO hours away from Hamilton and not in the right direction to go home.  Yep, I'm on a roll right now.  At any rate, we are in Boonville for the night so that we can do something fun tomorrow morning -- bright and early.  After an early dinner, we still have some time to kill so a few of us decide to go exploring around the hotel area.  Evening light is great for pictures and . . . . we spotted a bridge.  Now to just get to it.



There she is.  How funky is this one?  Love it.



Just enjoy the views - 





My sweetheart has taught me to love bridgework - and the pictures one can get.  So very cool to me.


Oh yeah, this is the Missouri River.  Makes sense since we are in Missouri.




We have some time before sunset and spot an interesting sign.  Let's follow it.


This is where we are wandering - what's that down there in the road?



Just a little friend.


I stopped to peek at a plant and discovered an entire ecosystem inside.


Out of nowhere -- this house shows up.  We don't THINK we are on private property, but . . .just keep going.


Around a couple more bends, we do, indeed, arrive at Harley Park.  Turns out it is a major city park and we just entered the back way.


As I'm standing beside this bank to the river (there is no way down) - a train goes by below me.  Honest.  It's just a blur through the trees, but it is there.


So, so pretty here.


Time to start our return trip to the bridge.


Sign says Prehistoric Indian Mound.  That's all I got.


Our friend is back in the road for the return trip.


Our hotel in the distance, but we're turning left and going back to the bridge for the sunset moments.


Ahhhh - someday I want to live where I can watch the sunset EVERY day.



I see the moon.


Remember the train I mentioned?  Here are the tracks leading beside and below the bridge - water is on the right but not in the pic.


Getting artsy - hahaha


Without the artsy, lol - I like it better.


Evening glows all around.


Jen and I have both fallen for Missouri and her charms.  Taking a bit of a brether.


Love these moments together.  So glad we do something each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment