Thursday, December 10, 2020

Grassy Creek - Clue 1 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt


It's taken me a couple of weeks, but I finally have the chance to focus on this mystery.  Starting it also earns me a BINGO mark and if you don't understand that, well ya just need to read my monthly updates.  Bring on Grassy Creek.  I am making Chex Mix this morning so living my life in 15 minute increments and that's perfect for cutting pieces.  With my gold (scrappy) and gray (constant) fabrics in tow, it;s time to slice.  Oh wait, do I have some gold strips out in the studio that will work for this.  Must check and, yes, I scored quite a few.


It really doesn't take long and I have a tray full of pretties.  Thank you Easy Angle Ruler.


Break - one day later.  Today - I sew!  Yep, that is my  mantra and it's off to the machine like a flash.  Well, as fast as a 62 year old flash can go.  Half-square triangles are repetitive, but fairly simple to me and I was able to zoom along while movies.  Hey, don't judge -- they are older movies that I've seen before and don't have to actually watch.

Before I know it --- I have managed to create a lovely rope full of units.  The next step is to press and snip them apart.  In the interest of keeping Bonnie's sizes a secret, I grab a piece of fabric and cover the ironing pad containing a grid.  Yep, we all gotta do our part.


Soon all are pressed and ready for a night of snipping dog ears.


TA-DA --- so bright and cheery.   Please check out this mystery with a simple click of the mouse onto this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment