Saturday, December 19, 2020

Grassy Creek - Clue 4 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Week four has arrived and I am blessed to have a friend to sew with today.  We stayed up late last night talking so she is still snoozing, but I am raring to go.  Fresh gingerbread scones are in the oven, coffee is made and I'm ready to cut.  Neutrals and gray.  Easy peasy.  I get down to the last few sets before running out of neutral variety (which is stored in the guest room --- don't analyze me -- yes, I know I have a studio -- the neutrals are happier in the house --- they told me) and she wakes so I can complete my task.  These went reasonably quick and I'm ready to move on, but first I have one block left from yesterday's adventure.  Once it is finished (four hours later), I am ready to move on.  Whew.

Let's start chaining.  Two up, two down.  It's a rhythm after a bit and I'm sure I'll mess up at least once, but let the chanting begin.  Two up, two down.


Look at this beautiful stack of pretties.  I should string them around the house, but drat if I'm just too lazy.


Laying out the first block just to see what I've got.  Ooooh, I'm going to like putting these together.


Deciding to work in groups of three - I am up and down to the iron a lot.  It's one way to make sure my hips are not locked from sitting too long, but it is dragging out this process.


And that's as far as I get before sleep time arrives.  My eyes are burning and we've hit the witching hour.  A few hours of sleep will make the whole world better.  I got about halfway through my units before calling it a night.  (keep reading -- both days all in one post)


Good morning!!!  I am ready to go again.  I've decided on a different approach and I go ahead and press all of the wings that remain.  Then the units just start cranking out.


Trays are filling and I'm seeing the end.  Does that excite you like it does me?


As I said, my friend Samantha is over for a few days and she is working away on my 2020 mystery, Journey.  Her colors are scrumptious and I am super excited to see her progress.  


Now ---- drumroll please . . . . . .   TA-DA!!!!  A tray of lovelies.


All together now.  What will happen this week?  See ya Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment