Friday, December 11, 2020

Grassy Creek - Clue 3 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

 

Week 3 is here and I'm on top of it this go round.  I quickly set up the cutting area and locate the red (constant) and orange (constant) along with my neutrals (scrappy).  My Companion Angle ruler and I just slice, slice, slice.  I love this week's unit.  It's such a great start, but I have lots of irons in the fire today and move onto cutting a few other things.  Once those are tackled, I am ready to sew.

Off to the machine my tray and I go and I am soon feeding QST's as if they are HST's.  This is a new method to make HST's and I'm a little nervous about all the bias, but I'm going with it.


This time, my extra cloth for the ironing pad is no where to be found, so I grabbed my ornament skinnie and flipped it over to the back for pressing so that I could take a picture.  Silly girl.


Once all the HST's are complete --- it's time to add some wings.



It seems like miles and miles of these just keep going through.  Perhaps it's because my tension screwed up and I had to resew all of them again.  It is what it is.  Finally --- pressing can begin.


Once the first side is pressed, the second wing is applied.  Oh, yes --- sewing has an end in sight today.


What a wonderful blob of color.


Pressed, de-dog-eared, and ready for whatever happens to them next.


All the parts so far.  The ornament is really starting to get full.  TA-DA

No comments:

Post a Comment