Thursday, December 10, 2020

Grassy Creek - Clue 2 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

As you know from my previous post, I am working two clues at once.  The first is cut, the Chex Mix is still baking away and I'm onto cutting for the second part.  Gray has been put away and green (constant) along with neutrals (scrappy) have come to play.  I have grabbed any gold or neutral strips that will play nicely and my Companion Angle Ruler and I are ready to go.


This step takes a bit longer than part 1, but by the end of the baking time (3 hours overall) both parts are cut and ready for stitching.

Welcome to day 2.   After completing all of part 1, I am now solely devoted to part 2.  Oodles and oodles of parts being sewn together.


After round one --- a lovely swirl sat under my machine and was easily picked up.


Pressing, pressing, pressing. 


Back to the machine for the last stitching run.


This stack?  Not such a tidy swirl.


Seams are spun and units are pressed --- ready for their snipping.


With the dog ears removed (and all bits added to the ornament), I have part 2 ready to use at a future time.


Now --- my tray is holding lots of lovely gold.  Bring on Clue 3.  I can't wait.  TA-DA.

No comments:

Post a Comment