Thursday, April 18, 2019

Mid-Arm Transfer

I am so very blessed by the women I associate with.  I am indeed grateful to have them in my life and to be surrounded by women who epitomize the very meaning of love.  A few years ago, I was gifted with my mid arm machine and frame.  Oh wow --- what a sheer treasure.  I have learned so much on her and we have come to be very good partners.  However, once again, a bountiful blessing is coming my way and her larger sister is coming to live with me.  As a result, this time I get to be the one who "gifts" as I pay it forward in love.

Full disclosure on this post - I stole some pictures from her.  HAHAHAHAHA

After the last quilt came off this morning - she's empty and waiting.




Her new partner has arrived and it's time for the first lesson.  We have loaded a small old sheet as backing, some leftover batting, and some white muslin on top.  Now to play for awhile.  She is just so at ease from the very beginning.  I can't wait to see what she creates with this.


FIRST runs --- mine were all choppy and I kept running into the rod at the bottom.


Once she feels as though she is ready, we load up a quilt and away she goes - WRITING the name of the recipient along the way.  OMG --- I am so scared of that type of free "off-roading" (as my friend, Meri, calls it). 



There's just one big warning with this machine.  Always, always, always remember to put the presser foot down.  Honest.  So if you don't . . . . .   So much fun.  Hopefully, one time is all the experience she needs on that item.


Before long, she has found the last row and quilt number one is complete. 


Pineapple Blossom by Bonnie Hunter coming off the frame.  It's just so yummy.


With a name added in every other row.


Wasting no time at all, we load up her second quilt before finding Mister and going out for a Thai dinner.  Again, yummy and we are right back to the studio upon our return.  This time she is on her own and I'm sitting at another machine adding binding to quilts - kind of watching out of the corner of my eye.  It's important that she works through things herself so that it won't be so overwhelming when she gets this home.  We stay out until about 10 p.m. and then, with a storm on it's way, decide to call it a night.


A good night's sleep and a big breakfast has us up and going once again.  She's quilting and I'm still adding bindings.  Goodness.  Very soon ---- another one is coming off the frame.


Sporting a name every other row as with the other.


It's off and our next task is to break this machine down.  With the two of us crawling around, testing the tools Mister has given us and our brains, we get the job done.


Wow --- there's a ton of room in here now.


The car is loaded and Sherri is on her way home with "Ouiser".  Yep, that's our little ladies name.  It's a gift full of love -- more than luggage.  (keep reading)


A glance at the clock shows that it is noon.  Sherri arrived yesterday at noon.  Twenty-four hours, two quilts, dinner out, a good night's sleep, dismantling and loading.  We done good.  She's outta here --- filled with excitement to get Ouiser home and set back up.  By dinner time --- all mischief has been managed.  Welcome to your new home sweetie.  Be good to Sherri.

No comments:

Post a Comment