Friday, April 26, 2019

Mineola With Friends - Bonnie Hunter Dawn's Early Light Class

Since it is our last day in Mineola, I am loading up the car this morning.  As I do, I notice the sunlight on the wildflowers across the parking lot.  Must get camera.






To many, these are just weeds, but look at the light play on them.  So pretty.


The car is packed - well, all the stuff from class still needs to go in but Bonnie and I are out of the hotel and off to class after breakfast with Irene.  Val has gone ahead as she wants to be organized to leave a bit early today.  She has a long drive tonight.

It's time for Dawn's Early Light and I am sticking with red/white/blue as I don't have a quilt in these colors. 


Carri is in class with us today.  Yay!!!


I've given Val and couple of fat quarters to cut strips for her blocks today.  They are red/cream and she is using those for strings.


So, last night at dinner, I was taking notes in my phone to remember names.  As I typed in Chris and Robin --- my sweet phone had a mind of it's own and entered Christopher Robin.  So be it.  Please say hi to them this morning.


Okay, I need to focus on just what I am trying to replicate today.


I'm organized.  Look quick cos it will likely explode later and never look this pretty again.


Class is underway -



First up red/white and blue/white HST's.  I've got this.


As Bonnie shows how to put these all together, I just keep sewing little pieces in groups of one block at a time. 


Ooooooh, I have enough of these two units for four blocks.  Will I make it today?


After lunch -- Show and Share and I have the two quilts I finished while here.  First up is Garden Party back


and front


Carbapples back


and front


Right before lunch, I discovered that my phone was about dead.  So . . . .it charged all afternoon while we did strings galore.

Val with her first block!!!  I have been focused!!!  Camera hasn't been unplugged at all until now.


Such a great week with my dear friend.  Love ya to my Sister from another Mister (and mother)


The group effort -


I did manage to get three blocks finished before it was time to clean up.  The shop has another event coming in and needs to prepare for it.  We are out the door around 4.


But . . before we go -- a picture with Kathleen -- another new friend.


We are OUTTA here.  The car is PACKED and heading back to Dallas.  Great talk all the way back and lots of funny stories.  I am so blessed to have this extra time with my dear friend.  Once back in Dallas, we locate my sweetie and are off to That Opal for dinner.  A glass of wine and some down time.  It's what the doctor ordered after a long week.  Now for some sleep.  Tomorrow, we get to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment