Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Mineola With Friends - Bonnie Hunter Pfeffernusse Class

Wow!  It's crazy hard for me to believe that two months have flown by since Denton, but the calendar tells me it is so.  Mineola is up next and four more days of classes with Bonnie Hunter is on the plate.  A few changes to my plan have been made, but the house is clean, I am packed and the road is in front of me.  Wildflowers are everywhere, but I am kind of on a mission to get into town, check into my hotel, grab a treat, and be at the shop in time to set up before they close.  Hello DQ.  Meeting up with Stephannie, Val, and Eveline -- it's girls out for dinner once our machines are in place.  Woohoo ---- the fun begins tomorrow morning (and, yes, it's all part of this post).



We are up bright and early, breakfast with Bonnie and Irene and off to class.  Pfeffernuesse is the pattern for today and although Val calls it Pufferfish, we're gonna work real hard to break the habit.  Let's get started.


My sweet little Featherweight is set up and ready to go.


And this is our goal.  Can it be done?


Irene, Stephannie, Val and I are ready --- but where oh where is Eveline?


Our class begins with strings ---- lots of brown and neutral fun ahead.


Crazy piles turn into wacky looking units -


Then are trimmed down


And halved - NOW they look pretty dang awesome.


Our Ms. Val is learning to let go a bit and go scrappy with strings.  She can do this.


Bonnie has a camera and large screen to teach with this time.  I like it a lot and more people can watch at once.


Just before lunch, I have managed to accumulate enough halves to get through the day.


With quick seams --- I have 10 squares.  Woohoo!!!  Are they all perfect?  Nope.  Do I care?  Nope.


Ana has arrived to take us to lunch and we are given a back door tour and exit through the BOM room.  Well, alrighty then.  It's off to Brookshires and Subway for us and a chance to sit and visit for a bit.


Once back, there are a few spare minutes before things get started again --- play time -- and somehow we just could not get it together on these pictures.  We are never both doing the same thing at the same time and as a result, you get to see all three because I can't pick one.




Show and Share is right after lunch and I came prepared.  YES -- that is what the big push the last couple of weeks was all about.  It's fun to be able to show Bonnie her designs brought to life.  First up is Good Fortune #1 --- back


and front


Good Fortune #2 - back


and front.  I get by with a little help from my friends.


Speaking of friends --- here is Irene's On Ringo Lake


and Fair and Square (I really think this one just got added to my list).


Ana's Pfeffernusse


plus Patches and Pinwheels


and Stephannie's Christmas Lights pre borders.


Now it's time for class again and we are moving onto lots of quarter-square triangles and hour glasses galore.


I am set --- just need to make sure I sew variety.


Ooooh, ooooh, oooh --- lovely little hour glass units.


And our layout ---- I love it.


I have one


two


three


and four ---- yay!!!


Stephannie and Val --- happy campers


and a group quilt.  So cool to see the different color combos.


Finally --- the whole gang in one picture.  Eveline and Stephannie will be leaving us tonight, but new faces arrive tomorrow.  (Keep reading)


New friends are being made too.  Say hello to Susan.  It's great to meet those we talk with online.


Dinner turned into a party as we invited Rosemary and Lou to dine with us.  How fun to get to know each other and hopefully work out another get together in the future.


Dinner?  It was at East Texas Burger Company and fit the bill nicely.  I am pleasantly full and ready for another night of binding.

Which is exactly what happens.  I have a FINISH!!!  TA-DA  Say howdy to Garden Party.  Love, love, love this one.



Now for some sleep so that I'm fresh and ready go for Day #2.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment