Saturday, December 29, 2018

Good Fortune - Clue 5 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

It's December 21st and the new clue for the Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune Mystery has posted.  She is being gentle on us with our holiday time, but even still I just can't even do more than look at what we are doing.  Mom H. is still in the hospital (albeit rehab) and we are running all the time along with trying to make sure everything is done that we need to do for Christmas.  It's just kinda crazy here.  The best part?  I don't let it bother me anymore if I don't manage to do the clues the day they are released.  It'll be okay.  I'll get to them when I can.  Such growth on my part, right?

12/26  Christmas has come and gone even my pavolova is just a memory.  So sad and yet, onward we go.  I promised Mister that I wouldn't make a mess in the house until after the holiday --- that makes today free and clear.  I've kind of come to terms with the fact that I need to clean the tubs and bins so might as well start with the ones I can use today.  Pulling all the yellows, neutrals, and oranges nets me enough to cut the beginning of the parts for this weeks clue.  I am truly LOVING that this mystery (x 2) has almost entirely come from my version of Bonnie's Scrap Users System.  It's amazing.




12/27  Pulling out another size of strip bins allows me to cut the rest of the clue.  Why is the black stack so much larger than the blue one?  OMG --- I cut twice what I needed.  Ugh, but hopefully I will find a use for all these triangles in something else --- hence truly putting the system into use.


12/29  I'm a slow moving train on this clue.  What can I say?  Another clue released yesterday and it was STRINGS!  Thus, I had a new shiny to play with and SQUIRREL ---- however, today is the day.  I will work and work until this clue is finished.  In theory, it seems quick, but as always, time will tell.

First, let's just sew these orange/neutrals together and halfway through remember to switch directions.  It's that remembering at my age that truly comes into play.

Pressing and Gizmo time are next.


And just like that -- I have all the units and managed to get half going each direction.  I also have 29 little bonus half square triangles that came just from cutting.  How fun is that?  Into the system they will go.


Next up --- adding the blue triangles and although this step takes a bit longer -- I soon have all the units for the first color way.


Now for the shampoo, rinse, repeat --- let's do it all over again.


I can hear Mister out in the kitchen making a fresh batch of eggnog and want to finish this up so that I can enjoy the evening with him.  Sew, sew, sew and soon --- the second set is done.  In case you didn't notice, I did NOT remove the dog ears before adding the blue or black triangles.  In my mind, I might as well do them all at the same time tonight while watch television.

Now, remember that stack of black triangles?  Well, it appears I have some blue ones leftover too.  Dang.


Settling in for some quiet time with Mister, I have little bowls and scissors all ready to go.


And a couple of hours later --- TA-DA  -- all the little dog ears are contained and my units are nice and neat.


And now for the lovely little trays ----

#1


#2


And combined!!  Woohoo --- I'm caught up again (Yes, I already finished the next clue so am out of order once again.)  Thank you for stopping by and if you came via the linky, here is YOUR TICKET BACK.  See y'all next week and stay creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment