Monday, December 3, 2018

Good Fortune - Clue 2 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

It seems as though this time of year just comes and goes so quickly.  I want it to slow down so that I can savor it a bit.  Am I alone?

Bonnie Hunter's yearly reader appreciation mystery is already in week two.  If you would like more information on it, please click on THIS LINK.  It will open in an new window and leave you right here with me. 

Half-square triangles are the units this week.  Woot woot!!!  These used to scare me to death but mastering the Easy Angle Ruler has made this job as easy as can be.  Now, it's just time -- time to cut and time to sew and time to press and time to clip.  It's not difficult, just TIME.  Lots and lots of it.  Ah, that's not really true either.  I spend one evening cutting and why is it more time isn't required for cutting?  Well, because, once again, I have everything I need in the strip tubs already.  The Scrap Users System really does work.




Remember that I am doing two different colorways so have twice as many units to cut.  It still only takes a few hours before I have this wonderful tray to just sit and sew, sew, sew.


The black and cream units get to go first this time and somehow they get all tangled up with the power cord under the machine.  ARGH.  That means I can't just pick the sewn stack up and work it nicely.  I have to untangle first.  By the time I am finished, the floor has a path to follow all through the house.

Leaving those lay (and getting questioning comments from my sweetheart), I move on to the blue and white units.

This time I have made sure to move the electrical cords out of the way first.


This simple move allows me to just pick up the stack and head for the sofa to clip all these sweet little pieces apart.


Settling in with my love to watch a show, the Gizmo comes out and soon I have all the units apart and ready for the pressing stage.


I picked up this little iron at Houston Festival this year and it is absolutely perfect for jobs like this.  Perfect.  The first few are pressed and snipped individually, before I move into assembly line methodology.


By the time the show is over, both of my sets are complete and the ornaments are filled with the itty bitty dog ears.  Two more will go on the little sewing tree this year.


And that's it for this week.  Clues 1 and 2 are in the book, my house is half decorated, I'm in crazy mode for an upcoming party this week and Clue 3 will not get started until Sunday or Monday.  Tis the Season!!!  If you found you way here via the link-up --- here is your route back:  CLICK HERE.  Thank you so much for stopping and I hope to see you again next week.

8 comments:

  1. I love your ornament idea! Your triangles are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. These will make numbers 18 and 19 that I have of Bonnie Mystery Quilts. I did make Celtic Solstice twice so there are two ornaments in that count. That leaves me with just 3 to go and I will have all of her mysteries finished. I'll get another finished as a quilt-a-long in early 2019 to check another off the list.

      Delete
  2. You are so ambitious working on two sets of everything! I love the variety of black prints that you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and ambitious is a nice word --- others have said "crazy" -- which is likely much more apt. I was cleaning out a closet today and came upon a bag of scraps that needed to be worked into the scrap users system. Lucky for me there was a ton of red and black pieces in there and I just added them to the project box. Next time those colors are used, I'll have a little more variety to add.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I just hope I can keep it going.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic making two sets! I love the triangle trail through the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha -- thank you. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I didn't want a giant tangle to deal with.

      Delete