Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Finished Non-Quilt Items

Each year I try and create one post that highlights all that I managed to finish this year.  It's the only way that I truly know just what took place in a quick and easy spot.  This post contains all items that are not a QUILT.  That doesn't mean that they are quilted, just not something to cover up with to keep warm.  Does that make sense?

Here we go - month by month -

January:  Rockin' Bobbin, a local quilt shop, asked me to make samples for a class they wish to offer and I am happy to help out.  I think they turned out pretty cute but I do like the table runner more than the placemats.  The napkin rings are kinda cute too.  These are not mine to keep -- just being a nice person.





We are making Valentine rings for retreat next month so I doing the samples.  One in roses just for Valentine's Day.


I also liked the placemats, napkins, and table runner so decided to make myself a set out of harvest fabrics.  I like it but it sure is dang busy.  No extra napkin rings this time around.


For our black and white retreat dinner, I have made a couple more rings to use in decorating the table.


I seem to be on a table runner, placemat binge right now and do this one for the season as well.  Love it and hope to get to use it in a pretty dinner for my sweetheart.


The BIG TA-DA this month??  I finished my nativity from at least 10 years ago.  I do enjoy ceramics and this was a fun switch from the norm around here.


February:  I have a new grandson coming soon so retreat is focused on just that.  Lots and lots of baby items.  First up is a changing mat/kit by Annie's.

It's just so compact and handy.  I have worked pretty hard learning how to do all the hardware on it.  I hope it works out for Cassie.


A Backseat Babysitter is up next.  This is designed by Annie's as well and will hold drinks, activities and even an IPad so that littles have something to do while traveling.  It turned out pretty good, I think.



I also have made a Stroller Carrier, also by Annie's.  It straps onto the stroller and carries all the required items while out running errands or enjoying a walk.

Lots and lots of pockets and hideaway spots.  I almost want one for my car.


The last items being worked on at retreat are Featherweight Bags.  Here is number one:



And a second one to be used as a sample in the Rockin' Bobbin store.  Yep, being a nice person again.


A curtain for the cradle - white this time.


AND a diaper bag where the pattern is from Brazil.  How crazy is this?  I bought it last November in Houston and had to enlist Matt and Becca's help to translate the instructions.




A few bibs, another changing mat, and a diaper container compliment the whole thing.


March:  At the upcoming retreat, we are doing Rockport Carryalls and this is my sample.  It is a beast, but I love it so much.



Retreat offers me the chance to make a travel pillow with a pocket to hold a book or whatever form of entertainment one wishes to have while moving about the world.


April:  Retreat this month is a class on rain ponchos for little ones and here is my sample - It will go to Ophelia.


While at retreat, I get John Paul's bears painted.  Yep, I have a new grandson.


AND -- a second poncho for Ave as well.


May:  The main project for this retreat is the Professional Tote.  I do not have it finished ahead of time, so our class turns into a 14-hour marathon.  I DO adore the finish though.  We even made little vinyl cosmetic bags to go along with them.



Vinyl zipper pouches to hold projects as well (taught by Frieda)


A little tool tote that will sit beside the sewing machine.  This thing was almost the downfall of me.  Why on earth was it so hard?


I've also finished my second nativity this year.  This one is made of wool and almost all hand sewn.


July:  We have a Halloween Pillow Exchange in October and I am making one for myself as well.  These are just dang cute and the embroidery was such fun.


August:  There is also a pillow exchange at the beach next month.  My body pillow is ready to go.


September:  Retreat time and I have finished the last of my tea towels.  Woohoo -- another upteen year UFO and more embroidery.  I did get progressively better if you look at the first one to the last one.  I bet  you can guess which is which.


November :  Retreat this month is a night at the movies and I made chair backs for each person to look like a star's chair.



MY Slippers are finally finished. 



December :  The last month of the year and my finish is the ornament for the 2nd Annual Cookie and Ornament Exchange.  This cute little snowman sample is just dang fun.


And that's it for this year.  Hopefully I will be able to tackle more of those UFO's in the coming year.  Until then, enjoy 2019.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have the Featherweight patter! Y'all do things I would never get done by myself!

    ReplyDelete