Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pioneer Days on the Way Home from Retreat

On the way home from retreat, Mister stops at a Pioneer Days event just off the highway.  It is such a great time and you can read all about it AND watch them fire the cannons by clicking on THIS LINK

The purpose of this post is to share what we see there that is fiber related.  One booth has stacks and stacks of quilts surrounded by sock monkeys EVERYWHERE.  I'm not kidding.  All shapes and sizes.  It also is completely ringed by home canned good.  WOW.




As we wander the grounds the next thing that catches my eye are two ladies spinning on the patio of a historic home.  They are in period clothing and doing their thing delightfully.  I'm in love and perhaps need to look into a spinning wheel.  Hmmmm.

Isn't this green wool just gorgeous?  I would love to see the finished product that gets made from it --- I think they also have a loom and do their own weaving -- see the items in the background behind the one spinning wheel?  It's a safe assumption.



Around the corner there is an entrance to the house and inside we spot an even larger spinning wheel.  Again, I appear to be smitten.  Walk away fast.  Oh goodness --- Mister wanting a loom and me with this unknown desire for a spinning wheel ---- the mind is simply churning.

No comments:

Post a Comment