Tuesday, November 28, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue 1 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

I do not know how this happened but Thanksgiving has come and gone (?????) and Black Friday is here.  That means it's the day for Bonnie Hunter's Reader Appreciation mystery to begin!  This year it is entitled On Ringo Lake and I am in love with the colors.

First thing, I peek and see the clue and that's it for the morning as my house is literally full of bodies --- they are EVERYWHERE.  Hahahahaha --- that kind of sounds bad doesn't it?  It's the truth though.  This picture only show a few of them.

Once they are all dressed and out the door to shop and/or drive home, I get a few minutes to dart to the studio and see if I have strips that will play well this week.  Thank goodness for Bonnie's Scrap User's System.



It turns out that I have a few of the aqua strips but I really do well in the neutral bin.  A few quick cuts of aqua and a few of brown is all I have to do today.  YAY!

And that's it.  The rest of my day is taken up with sweetheart time and putting my house back in order.  There are more days this week and somehow I have managed to overcome my need to get this done the first day.  I may actually enjoy the process more this year.  Next week, I won't even be in town the day the clue is released.  Perhaps the decision to "let it go" has more to do with necessity than desire.

It's Sunday afternoon and I am sneaking out to the studio for  just a bit.  I get settle in and just start sewing.  It soon becomes evident that certain skills did not make the journey out of the house with me today.  Did you know that we needed 1500" of aqua/white strips???  Of course you didn't.  The amount needed was not even remotely close to that.  OMG.  Hello Jack.  The good part is that once I take apart the strip, the aqua one still gets used.  The neutrals get added to the brown strips and somehow I only wind up with 3 extra neutrals and 3 extra aqua strips to put back into the bins. 



TA-DA ---- strip sets are done.


I have just a wee bit more time out here before I need to go inside and heat up dinner.  Of course I'm heating it up ---- Did any of you actually COOK today?  We have leftovers like crazy still.  Anyway, I digress.  A quick laying of the strips on top of each other and my sections get cut. 


Monday finds just enough time to sew the first sections together.  See how well I'm doing at this patience thing?


And now it is Tuesday.  I am leaving town on Thursday and still have a pair of slippers to make and lots of other things to accomplish.  This one needs off the list today.  As I leave the house, look who is sitting nearby to say hello.  So beautiful and likely the reason I don't see any small birds or squirrels out today.

The second set of sections get sewn on, everything is pressed and, whew.  I have all my units plus some.

I've been saving containers this year to keep all the bits and parts in.  One tray is holding all the leftover odds and ends that I can play with at the end -- either in making the label or pillows or something.


And the second container is holding the units.  That's it'  Clue 1 is complete and here is the way back to the MONDAY LINK UP that you arrived through.  Thanks for stopping in and see you next week.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful nine patches! You got so much done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- it's one of my favorite units as witnessed in the Ribbons of Love mystery.

      Delete
  2. I like your fabrics. Your scrap bin held treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was lucky, indeed. All those bits and pieces from previous projects really do help and taking the time to organize them makes it so nice for moments like this to happen.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabrics you found in your strip stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I was actually surprised there were so many.

      Delete