Friday, April 17, 2015

Easy Street - Clue #7 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Clue 7 --- we are almost there.  Today the last units are being made as well as setting and corner triangles.  I have limited time and am hoping to bust this out before the meet and greet brunch/shopping trip today.  It's time to sew.

First up:  taking the leftover bricks and attaching them to the leftover colorful flying geese.  It takes me about half an hour and this step is finished.  I start in with the corner triangles the minute the last unit has gone through.

Yay -- saved all the points.




We'll do a walk through of the corner triangles.  Every time I used to look at quilts -- I wondered how in the heck they made these.  I have learned this past year that they are just not that difficult at all.  Like eating an elephant -- one step at a time and they fit together easy peasy.  I make them leader/ender style with all four chasing each other.







And we have 4 corners just like that.  So fun.


I quickly layout one of the setting triangles on my new little design wall to see how it will look.  Love it!  That's all I have time for this morning.  Gotta run and get ready for LeeAnn and Candy to pick me up.  I'll be back later to finish this post.


Hello -- I'm back from such a fun time with the gals.  You can check out the blog post for it HERE.  I have my nephew coming for dinner tonight but have a few minutes before he arrives so I sit down and kit up the setting triangles, making sure that each one is filled with different fabrics.  Now to go spend time with Bob.  I'll be back later.


After a wonderful dinner and some fun conversation, I decide to sew these triangles together while Mister kicks back and watches a show.  They come together quick and this clue is finished.  The new clue will be posted tomorrow morning and it is the reveal.  It's time to put those blocks together and make a top.  I'm loving this one but I say that each time.


This pattern is Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter and can be found in her book More Adventures With Leaders and Enders if you wish to sew along.  As always, you can find all my posts on Easy Street by clicking the tab at the top of the blog.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment