Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easy Street - Clue #5 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

I am barely keeping my head above water on this clue and many others already have worked ahead and their tops are complete.  Oh well -- life gets in the way sometimes.  This week we are making tall flying geese.  Well, that's one name for this unit anyway.

We start by marking our smaller squares with a diagonal line and then sewing it to the larger squares just INSIDE the diagonal line.  It works beautifully and soon the first sides are attached.  They get pressed and the corners trimmed before I add the second corner.


After pressing, a quick trim leaves the second side ready as well.

I am getting quite the tray of happiness.  I'm so glad that this weeks clue was an easy one.  Golly, I cannot figure out where all the time is going right now.

This clue only takes about 2 hours including marking all the triangles as I go.  Perfect.  Love the colors here.  See ya next week.  This pattern is Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter and can be found in her book More Adventures With Leaders and Enders if you wish to sew along.  As always, you can find all my posts on Easy Street by clicking the tab at the top of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment