Friday, February 20, 2015

Orange Crush - Clue #1 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

It's time for a mystery!  Woohoo.  Clue one tells us to just take any light and any dark strip and sew them together.  We are going to make 4 patches and all colors go.  Awesome!  I don't even have to precut anything as both my 2" tubs are full of strips.  Let's sew.


Oh my, some of these fabrics are not very attractive but I am not being picky.  I know it will all work out in the end as it always does.  Within no time (well actually about an hour), I have a wonderful pile of strips ready to be pressed.
Have I figured it right and do I have enough strips?  I guess it's time to find out.  Matching up two strip sets right sides together, I cut my little four patch units so they are ready to go.  It appears that I am only short a few and quickly run a couple more strips through the machine, press them and subcut.  Now I am ready to finish the four patches.




Stitching the subcut sets through takes about an hour and they really stack up behind my machines.  My sweet Barbara (Singer 301A mocha longbed) cuts through them like butter with such a nice little hum the entire time.

Mister is home from work so I take an armful of little patches chained together into the house to press after dinner.  With a quick spin of the seam and a nice press of the iron, I soon have 200 clue #1 four patches ready to go.


If you want to participate with us in this mystery:  here is a link to the intro: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/orange-crush-intro.html  on Bonnie's website.

Thanks for stopping by and see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment