Sunday, May 10, 2020

Brazos House - Disco Nights Mother's Day Retreat

It's happening!!!!  When the Governor gave the go-ahead for beginning to open up the state, I thought long and hard whether to continue with the May retreats.  Some negotiating with the center took place and I was able to offer the ladies a choice:  self-isolate the best they could for 2 weeks prior or receive a refund.  Happily, many accepted my challenge and I am out the door headed for some much needed girl time.  Today is May 7th and I won't make the return trip for 10 days.  Hallelujah!  My car is loaded to the brim and I have the most magnificent moonset taking me out of the city.  I wish I had a better picture, but I AM driving.

Ahhhh --- hello Brazos River.  My soul is already feeling refreshed.




This view ---- it never gets old.  Although the river is mighty low, I still feel it's power entering me.  Mother Nature ---- so amazing.


Now, as part of our "low-key, virus-surrounded" retreats, pictures are not being posted and no album is being created.  This post is what ya get.  I've tried to keep it to TA-DA's and a few fun shots, but it was a "what happens at retreat, stays at retreat" kind of time.

Today's TA-DA's came from Stephanie with a cross stitch and Paula with a show and share:


Nope, didn't even take last man standing pics for these.  We just drifted off in the wee hours with quiet good-nights.

8th - We have wild turkeys today.  I spotted some in March while here, but this is the closest to the house I have seen them.  One held still long enough for a semi-decent picture.


Gwen arrived today --- yes, this warrants a picture and it's not all of it, they are still unloading.


Jen, Gwen and I hike up to Kay's to deliver a fresh Pear-Lemon Pie (baked by Jen) and to see the new baby donkey that arrived last month.  Can I get an Ahhhh?



This face and Zoey is hanging with us, just to make sure we behave.



Proof --- just saying, cos it's a decent hike up here.


The reward?  Time on the swings overlooking the valley.  WONDERFUL girl time.




Back home, showered, and refreshed.  Lori has a TA-DA


Another picture worthy moment.  One would think we are here for a VERY long and happy time.


It's game night and our theme is "Disco".  OMG Cindy's creativity is wonderful.


Stephanie and Janet


Kelly, Jen, and Stephannie ---


Complete with lighting effect -


And Pina Coladas --- naturally.



Kelly is SAPPHIRE!!!!  She is now the happiest person here and that is not an exaggeration.




I seriously considered leaving this pic out, but . . . . (I guess a few things don't stay at retreat)




Round one of LCR and the fat quarters goes to Gwen -



Signs of fun -


Round two goes to and those smiles became an arm raised YES as Stephanie won the jelly roll.  My photographer didn't get a picture of her with it.  Hmmmm.


Paula wins round three and another Jelly Roll is delivered -



Our evening TA-DA is from Frieda ---


9th - Good Saturday Morning -- this weekend is moving way too fast.  I want these days to just take their time.  Stephanie has a cross stitch TA-DA


I spotted this while walking the room and this is right up my alley.  So pretty.


Last night, Lori won a panel/pattern as a "three-dot" prize and has taken her stash and created a wonderful wall hanging.  Perfect over a long arm.  TA-DA


Looking across the room, it would appear that someone is ducking down.  Think again.


Group Photo --- a little fun with masks and 6' social distancing.  Memories, right?  So much love here.  Back row:  Gwen, Me, Cindy, Lori, Frieda  Front:  Stephanie, Jennifer, Stephannie, Kelly, Paula, and Janet.


TA-DA for Cindy - looks scary to me, but she claims it wasn't hard.


I missed a second advancement last night - so tonight at dinner, Lori receives her own special moment.  She is EMERALD!!!



Janet with a TA-DA - she does love these colors.


and Stephannie finishes out the day with a TA-DA of her own.


10th - Sunday and people are leaving today.  It's hard to say good-bye, but first ---- Cindy with a TA-DA

It's been wonderful.  Movies have been watched, hearts have been lifted, and friendships renewed.  No one left to shop and we just enjoyed each other.  What more could we ask for?


This little guy sends half of our room off down the road.  The remainder are staying through the entire time and we'll share a tiny tweener post so you can peek in on us.  This is kinda it for the weekend --- stay safe, my friends and we'll be together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment