Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Unity Quilt-A-Long - Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Week 7

I am at retreat and ready to rock and roll on this week's step.  I have planned for it and am ready to go.  I will admit that my already low amount of neutrals took another hit --- please let me make it through to the end.  However, the squares are cut and HST's from last weekend are retrieved --- so, let the day begin.

Little stacks of units are ready as my plan is to web them as four-patches in one continuous stream.  Go, go, go --- sew, sew, sew.




Now for the final seam for each, a spin on the back and a press.  These are DARLING!!  Don't ya think?


Those little four-patches become giant four-patches in the same manner - all at once.  Yep, that's how I roll.  Spin the center and press.  Such fun.


It's after midnight but I have hopes of finishing before 2.  I put the four rows together and attach the sides.  It's at this point that I realize that the top blocks had to be turned a quarter turn before making the rows.  ARGH!!!  How did I miss that?  At any rate, I'm not willing to stay up the required time as my patience has run out and my friend, Frieda, is keeping me from pitching it all in the trash.  The blocks get taken apart and I call it good for the night - (morning?).

12th - As soon as I rise, even before coffee, I settle in, put the rows back together and attach them.  By 9 a.m., I have my TA-DA.  Whew and, yes, I still love it and am glad I didn't pitch it last night. 

It's gotta be close now.  See ya'll next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment