Sunday, May 17, 2020

Brazos House - Sock Hop May Retreat

Weekend two is beginning.  Our numbers have increased and the house is buzzing once again with love and laughter.  The same rules apply as last weekend, no town visits and our new people have taken great care to be virus-free.  (please read the Mother's Day post to see why pics are limited)

14th - I have spent most of the day --- hunkered down on the sofa binding my 1995 UFO.  It is TA-DONE!!!




the back - yes I'm sharing more than others do.


Janet with a TA-DA - if you read the other two posts, do you see the color theme at work?


Kelly with her Witch's Night Out block - she's opting out of the pumpkins.


Stephannie's return brought purse hardware that Mister set out for her to pick up.  Now Jen has been able to finish her Professional Tote and it looks AMAZING.  TA-DA


Frieda with this super cute TA-DA (ya gotta look close at those blocks.)


15th - A quiet day on the TA-DA front, but it's game night and the fun is beginning.




I have also remembered to do the duo pics.  Stephannie and Jen


Kelly and Janet


Gwen and Paula


Mindy and Betsy


Frieda and I ---- these women and the women last weekend are simply incredible.


Janet, who joined our merry little band last September has achieved RUBY.  Woot woot.



Betsy is moving up to SAPPHIRE!!!  She was surprised -- love it when that happens.




And the games begin.  A peek at one of the truly fun "sock hop" fabrics.


Paula wins the fat quarters.  She is on a roll after winning last weekend too.


And Betsy doesn't approve.


However, pouting must work, because the very next game --- Betsy wins the fabric kit.



Which, of course makes Paula pout.


And it turns around a second time with Paula winning once again.  However, since it came down to just she and Kelly


with Paula raising the victory hands,


and claiming the jelly roll


she then did the magnanimous gesture and passed it to Kelly.  Perfect!!!


A peek at the room as we watch movie number 15?  Who knows but there have been a ton over the past 9 days.



16th - It has been raining for days now and guess what --- the river is back and we can see it from the house.  Crazy.


Gwen has been learning two things this week --- her Accuquilt and Y-seams.  I didn't get a picture of one block as she worked on two but here is one TA-DA


Group picture --- raining still so inside it is.  Down the stairs from left to right:  Frieda, Stephannie, Kelly.  Front row left to right:  Me, Jen, Gwen, Paula, Mindy, Betsy, and Janet.  Such great, great women.



So, tonight my belly is hurting as I believe I have pulled muscles from the quilting the other day.  I know it sounds crazy but it is what it is.  I'm heading to bed early, even though it is our last night, but first --- some duo shots ----


I truly cannot thank my daughter enough for the time she has devoted to me this week.  Ten days together is the most we've had since she got married.  I am truly one content mama.









Janet puts in one last TA-DA.  She has been a machine and yet she napped every day.  I am in awe.


17th - We are having an early departure today.  It's Brazos OUT!!!  I am rejuvenated and ready to face the world for awhile again.  We have added a summer retreat so that we can gather together again before fall.  Until then --- huge hugs to all the women who shared the past 10 days with me.

3 comments:

  1. I love to jitterbug, too. Wish today's generation would learn it. I'm curious as to why you ladies are not practicing social distancing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for reading and your concern about us. In the very first paragraph of this post, I refer to the "rules" from last week and suggested reading that post. It shared that we all isolated for two weeks before coming together so that no one would have to worry and everyone was happy to do so in order to be together. These women are the best there are and it was easy to stay put in order to be together.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete