Thursday, September 19, 2019

Surfside Beach Retreat - Tweeners

We have said good-bye to the first group and the rains are crazy hard.  W are directly in the eye of Imelda!!  Goodness.  Water is once again coming into the house from EVERYWHERE!  Argh.  I am a very unhappy camper and have called the owners.  Watch it come in the door.




The windows are dripping continuously and have filled this pitcher in no time at all.


Water, water, everywhere.


But . . . the fun goes on.


In so many ways.  This is the best picture EVER!!  Someone wanted to find out how big their ruler was.


Val's TA-DA


I am making a wee bit of progress on this, but it's not what it should be.


Quietly enjoying the peaceful time inside while the storm rages outside.


Paula arrived in the midst of the rain.  What a brave girl.


And that's kind of today.  I'm off to bed.  Love down days, but would have liked to get out on the beach.

18th -  Eleven solid hours of thunder and lightning and rain.  Wow.  I have some videos, but they are just too big to upload here.  Sorry.  However, I did catch one bolt.


Val has a TA-DA -- she just keeps sewing


By afternoon, it is not raining quite as hard.


However, our area is flooded in many places.  I grabbed this picture off of the Purple Cows site and wow, just wow.  All the roads around us have at least 4 inches of water.


Lori with a lovely TA-DA.  I really like this.


It stopped!!!!!!  I'm heading out.



The beach is now full of shells all along my walk.


And visitors.


Four of us decide to go grab dinner at the Sharkies on the Beach. 


Wild woman hair.  The wind just keeps blowing and with all the moisture in the air, my hair fluffs while you watch it.


Fun story --- Austin Campbell comes over to say hi and then proceeds to tell us all about a crazy person that has put out death threats on him.  He even shows us a video that the person made.  Truly nuts.


But cute as heck.


We are able to watch the sunset from the deck while we enjoy dinner.  It's lovely as we look back at the house.  Yep, that's as far as we went.



Selfie fun




And a gorgeous view.  What more can we ask for?


Back at the house -- Lori with a TA-DA and the last ladies standing. 

I am off to bed as our second session begins tomorrow and there is "stuff" to do.

19th -  As we prepare for the second group, some fun moments take place.  Rocky has bag TA-DA's.  She's been Boxy Tote making machine for quite some time now.  So many people are blessed by her generosity of time.



Now --- back to her broom.


Val with a TA-DA top that she quickly put together so she could break her sewing area down and just have handwork left.


Debi and I sneak away for a walk before the house fills again and the storm makes a reappearance.  Yep, apparently it turned around for another go at us.



A little wind-blown upon our return.


Jewelry lesson time.


And that's all I've got for tweener time.  I didn't even get a group picture.  Issues with my mother-in-law are occupying my mind and some things just fall through the cracks.  Bring on group 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment