Saturday, September 21, 2019

Sapphire Blues - Clue 4


I'm still at the beach grounding my soul and loving life, but here is a picture from the cruise last month.  BLUES!!!!  It's all around me.  I see this quilt everywhere I go.




Ahhhh, guess what?  Since last week was such a huge clue, I am going easy this week.  That way people can get caught up if need be.  See, I can be nice - oh, come on now.  Stop laughing.  There are bigger weeks ahead.

Quick reminder to please read all the way through before starting.

Cutting:

From 2" neutral strips - cut 56 - 2 x 3 1/2" bricks.
From 2" light blue strips - cut 56  - 2 x 3 1/2" bricks.  That's it.

Locate the extra 2" neutral squares that you cut in clue 2 and set 4 aside for another time.  Put the remaining 112 with the newly cut bricks and we are ready to go.


UNIT 6 - Make 56

Using the same method you adopted in Clue 1, we are doing sew and flips on each end of the light blue brick.  Draw lines, fold, whatever works best for you.  I fold.  Starting with the left side, lay the square on the brick with right sides together.


Stitch right inside (closest to the outer corner of the brick) the drawn or folded line.  Chain away.


Press towards the neutral corner.  (The pic shows them upside down from the directions I just showed - it is what it is)


Then move towards the other end and mimic the angle with another square.


Chain stitch once again keeping just inside the fold like towards the corner of the brick.


Press towards the neutral triangle.


And that's all for this week.  I'm loving these.  Please share your progress in the Facebook group.  Here is your LINK to join.  I really would love to see everyone's units.

No comments:

Post a Comment