Thursday, January 25, 2018

Warehouse Tour Guide

A couple of days ago I offered to be a Harry Hines tour guide for a group of wonderful ladies who have not been there before.  They took me up on the offer and after a wonderful breakfast chatting about our lives at Mama's Daughter's Diner, we are on our way.

Perth and Harry Hines is first up.  I plan to go to C & C first but neither they nor Super Textiles are open.  Hmmm.  I had been told that C&C had moved and the warehouse is for lease but there are not any signs indicating where they went.  Oh well, moving on --- into Wherehouse Fabrics we go.  When I am in the mood to buy --- this place is just so fun.  We have found the coolest backs among these tables.  Normally I crop the tops off of these pictures, but I want you to see just how big the place is.





The cotton is kind of kept in a separate area (although it can be found on the tables too) and we head for those racks to see if Rocky and Paula can find items that are on their lists.



Success is always present.  We have quite a few cuts to be made.  See the stacks piling up on the table.  Yep, that is all for us.


While Paula waits for her items, I wander the remnant bin and find this piece of black lace.  Throwing it over a white fabric shows how it would look on a table.  I like it and have just the perfect place to use it next month.  Score.


Rocky and Paula have found this wonderful rack of coffee fabrics.  Are they just so cool?  Well the top one is coming home with me for a backing on my coffee quilt. I can't wait to start this one at the May retreat.  I'm almost done collecting fabrics for it and the birthday fat quarter exchange girls are sending me more.  Fun times ahead.

I leave the store having only spent $22 and for that I have 3 yards of neutrals, baking for my coffee quilt, and the black lace.  Yay.

As we leave, Annette and Judy are on their way in.  It's so good to see them and a few howdy's later, we are on our way to put our goodies in the car.


As we walk to the car, I notice that there are more cars up by C & C now, so we return and discover that they are indeed open.  In we go and although they have reduced their space, they have a GREAT selection of fabrics, including batiks.  More fabric cuts are made and smiles abound as we leave the shop.


As we leave, Super Textiles is open too now.  In we go and Paula finds some of the same beach fabric that I bought her before.  Rocky and I pass this time and it's time to go to Golden D'or.

Annette and Judy are here but didn't realize that C & C was open so will return there.  When I first walked in, I went straight to the zippers in the hopes of finding  a 24" black separating one.  YES!  Woohoo.  Another item off my list.  That is my ONLY purchase here.  Ya'll should just be so proud.  We have a great time and if they had had any coated/laminated fabric or oilcloth, I would have bought for an upcoming class.  No luck though and now I'm stuck ordering online.  Drat.

It's been a fun morning and I'm ready to head home.  They are going to return for more coffee fabric and another look at C & C.  I still have somethings I need to finish today and thus must say good-bye.  I'll see them both next month at retreat.  Until then, thanks for letting me share your day ladies.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful field trip! (Have you been to M&L in Anaheim, CA? Though with the places you've shown, you don't need to go to M&L....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not, but am sure it is wonderful. Perhaps if I ever make it back that way. Until then --- Dallas is great.

      Delete
  2. Well, that was cool. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete