Friday, January 12, 2018

On Ringo Lake - Clue 8 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

12/31  Why am I up so early on the morning of New Year's Eve?  Do you know?  Well, of course you do if you have been following me or Bonnie Hunter's Mystery.  We are in the midst of rapid fire clues and I have my fingers crossed for another easy one today so that I can stay caught up.  My time over the next couple of weeks will be stretched super far --- okay, let's peek.

BLOCKS!!!  Well not super easy but definitely fun.  Wait -- how many did it say?  OMG.  Well, let's see how many I can complete in today's hour.

But first . . . . . I must lay out a block to get a peek.  Ooooh, I like it.




I am almost running to the studio for my allotted hour.  How many of these can I get together in the time I have?  Webbing and chaining two at a time, my machine is soon humming away.


And at the end of my hour, I have 10 finished.  There is no way I'll be finished with this clue by tomorrow when the next one releases.  That's okay.  I won't let it get to me.


1/10  Do you see the date?  Yep, it's been awhile since I have been able to get back to these but I REALLY want to finish this clue.  I loved the reveal and am anxious to get to the next steps.  I still have time limits, but an hour and half in the studio is better than nothing.

FIFTEEN more are finished.  That means that I am halfway there and my finger is showing how tall the stack of blocks is at this point.  I really do love them but there sure does seem to be a lot of pieces on the tray still.


1/11  The temperature in Dallas is changing again and I want to get a bit more finished in the studio.  That means a quick race out first thing --- and an hour and a half later --- 12 more finished.  I can see the homestretch ahead of me.

 1/12  Dang --- it's cold out but I am determined to finish these up today.  Dashing to the studio to turn the heat and before returning to the house is a great start.  I give it about 30 minutes to warm up and then set my timer for 90 minutes.  Can I get this clue finished in the time I have?  Woohoo --- I do and yet still have units left.  Not enough for a full block, but I do seem amazed at the number of nine-patches and coral flying geese that remain.  What was I thinking?  Or better yet -- how was I counting?  The stack is now taller than my index finger.


Just how tall is it?  How about 3 1/2" tall - wow.


And TA-DA --- No I am not going to lay them all out.  That would mean that I have to pick them all back up.  Not gonna happen.  If you checked in here through Bonnie's linkup -- here is the Return Ride.  Thank you for stopping by.  Hold onto your hats --- it's setting time and I'm hoping for a January finish.  Fingers are crossed anyway. 

9 comments:

  1. Like your colors - and this quilt is a lot of work! I had to run from it - LOL
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a stack of beautiful blocks! Have fun putting them all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- a lot to do before that though. Onto the next step.

      Delete
  3. I love your blocks more than any of the others one done for this mystery. You truly are a fabric artist !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow -- that is quite the compliment. Thank you so very much. I love the way it is going.

      Delete
  4. Here I was thinking it must be so much easier doing the mystery during a cold snap rather than in blistering heat. Congratulations on your perseverance. You have a lovely stack of blocks that will be a quilt very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. Normally, sewing on a cold day is quite nice for most people. We live in Texas and cold days like this don't happen too often. My studio is a separate building and we just don't like the cost of trying to keep it warm all the time. For the most part, it does well without any heat or a/c.

      Delete