Saturday, January 20, 2018

Antiquing A Bit

We have been holed up in the house forever it seems.  I know, it's by choice but a wee bit of getting out might be nice.  We'll just be careful so that my sweetie doesn't have a relapse.  Yes, he is STILL coughing - since Christmas.  ugh.

First stop is Half Price Books where a lovely little coffee/pastry shop resides inside.  Black Forest Coffee is part of Henk's European Deli and Black Forest Bakery, which reside behind Half Price Books.  If you like German food, you'd love them.  Once our sweet treat and drink are finished, we make a stop at Home Depot for some bird seed to keep our feathered friends happy.  They start staring in the windows at us when it is out.  No joke.

Once our assigned errand is finished, we both come to the conclusion that it has been awhile since setting foot in an antique shop of any kind.  That needs to be remedied and right now.  City View Antique Mall is just down the street and a great place to begin.  We are only there a few minutes a I spot this case under a table.  Ooooooh.  The tag says $65.00 and I'm even more excited.  Then I pull out the case and although it is in remarkable condition, it is empty.  Just the case for that price and, again, it is in great shape and if you need one -- well here ya go.




Walking the aisles --- a few treasures are spotted.


What a cool wicker sewing basket/stand.


I spot a koala on top of a display case and Mister has to really check it out.  We think he is made of kangaroo fur, but not sure.  The price is great but he lets it pass.  I'm shocked.  Maybe I'll go back and get it for him for a birthday gift.


Into the next room and this cute little machine is spotted.  I LOVE that it has the seam guide.


Racks of quilts and button collections hit my eyes next.  Wow.


And more quilts.



This one is beautifully appliqued.


The one on the right is made of satin.  I think - or at least a satin throwback.


A few more quilts and we leave the store without any treasures.  Oh well, onto another one --- yes, keep reading.



Top Drawer Antiques and Mid Mod Shop is such a fun trip back in time.  THIS is the time I remember.  The 60's and 70's.  This place is just jam packed with furniture, dishes, and lots of distinct era items.  It's worth a visit just for the memories.  Speaking of --- did anyone else have this cut out set?  I know I sure did.


Ooooh -- we spot a 328K in a nice case.  It has the book, lots of feet/bobbins/cams and appears to be in decent shape.  Go check it out of that machine is on your list.


I love this wire dress form but am not sure it's an antique.  I think you can buy them today for a reasonable price.  AND this macrame shelf.  OH MY.  I used to make these and the big tables for a living once upon a long time ago.  There's trip down memory lane.


It's not cotton, but these Hoffman fabric samples are crazy bright and fun.  Kind of like Kaffe is today - only true 60's/70's 


Meri Roo --- I'm thinking of you here --- LOVE this glass candy.


I know keep my eyes open for red hats as well.  For those who don't know, I became a Red Hatter this year and the more, the merrier.  Here's a western one and another that fits me perfect.  I'll have to remember that it is here if I find myself wanting a new hat.

In June we are having a Red Hatter's 50's party and I spot these shoes but, alas, they are a size 9 and just too big unless I can't find another pair anywhere else.


Now --- isn't this phone just divine.  I want it so bad.


A cute little table topper all made with folded fabric.  It reminds me of the lifted stars we used to do.  For some reason I am having deja vu as I write that.  Perhaps I've spotlighted this item in a previous post.  Hmmmm.  Well, that's it for today.  It's time to go get some lunch and wash our hands.  Hopefully in reverse.  Oh, trying to stay well amidst this flu is just so taxing.  See ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment