Monday, January 29, 2018

Treasure Hunting w/Mister

Aren't weekends just the best?  I love time with my sweetheart and don't really care what form it takes.  Today, after helping his mom for awhile, we find time for an antique stop.  I wonder what treasures await.  Let's go see.

Oh wow --- first thing I spot is a Frister and Rossman handcrank.  The booth is having a 50% off sale.  Do I or don't I?  All the parts are there and the wheel moves so nice.  I let it pass, but it's hard.




and the cover


Another booth is just jam packed with quilts and other various fiber lovlies.



AND . . . one of our favorite vendors has a small spot again too.  This is where we found our penguin walking foot a few years ago and I would love to find a similar treat today.  There is one such fun item, but it's a bit pricey so we will go home and check it out first.

What do you think of this vintage binding and pin cushions.  The binding is super curious to me.  It is all decoratively stitched and I'm trying so hard to wrap my head around how it would have been attached.  The ceramic thimble is pretty funky too --- top comes off.


And then there is this ---  I have no words.


A quilt and a Nolan Ryan chair ---


And a bowl full of stamps.  Oh, I remember these days.  Once upon a time, I had a small fortune invested in these sweet items.


This child's iron and board are just so sweet.


And another quilt


Ooooh --- I do like this iron.  Hmmmm


How about some old thread.  Or maybe another iron?


One booth has this quilt as a highlight.  Yes, look close.  It is all satins (sateens) and the outer border is a purple velvet (velour).  I'm not sure so am giving options here.


Yoyo's


And this fun iron.  Oh my.  I am trying so hard to stick to the budget this month, but these are super fun.


Basket of quilts and a cute little teddy bear.


And, finally, this iron from the UK.  Oh my.  Even Mister stops and stare for awhile.  The cord is in immaculate shape.


The last item that catches my attention is this purple sweater.  It is just like the one's my mom used to have from the 50's.  If it were just a bit larger. it would be mine for the upcoming June Red Hat event.  Oh, I am wishing right now.  And that's it for this time --- no purchases but I may have to return.  Can I lose 20 pounds in a few months?  THAT is the eternal question.

6 comments:

  1. Oooo, what great treasures were there! What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to take these trips down memory lane. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is the North Dallas Antique Mall. It's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. Haha! "No words!" is right! Love the little play ironing board. I'm not sure I could have passed that by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough, indeed, to pass up. I'd have to buy a much larger house if I bought everything I want though.

      Delete