Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Girlfriends at the Beach - Days 1-4

 It's been three years since we have been able to gather as friends and spend some time at the beach.  All of the stars have aligned this year and I've even managed to recover from a horrible cold in order for this to happen - but happening it is.  We are on the way to Surfside this morning.  Stephannie arrived at my house around 9, we loaded her things into my already burgeoning carload and off we went.  First stop --- Buc-ee's in Madisonville.   That is followed up with a stop in 
Spring for some much needed caloric intake at Lynn's Table.  Yum!  We then discover that a new little fabric shop has opened up right next door and are off for a peek.  It is Needle and Thread.


So, so cute inside.  Truly.  It's small, but they are on the right track.


We make a quick stop over at GRS Creations as Stephannie has not been there before.  I have and shared some pics and info in this LINK.  Today, the back door is open and we are able to check on the SALE room.


After that - it's time for the beach.  We are running a wee bit late but all is good.  There's the view we've been looking for.


BUT, this one is even better.  After a bit of a rocky run getting into the house --- all is good and I'm just where I want to be.


It's DINNER time ---- a short walk down the beach leads to a bit of fun.  


So, so hard to get everyone smiling at the same time.



Then night ends with a walk back to the house and a gorgeous moonrise along with sounds of the surf gently rolling in and out.  What could be better?


11th - Good Morning.  I am in charge of breakfast today, you can see me way at the back doing my thing.

And just what is that thing?  Well, a pizza, of course.


Scenes from the room.  I'm firmly ensconced on the sofa doing some hand stitching.



Lori and Stephannie are going walkin'.


While here, there are several people feverishly working on their BINGO cards for this month.  Lana has the first TA-DONE.


Followed up by Samantha with her TA-DONE.  Moments later, Stephannie has a TA-DA too.


More beach walking.  It's beautiful outside and check out how blue the water is.  WONDERFUL!


Hey Y'all --- look up here.


While hanging on the beach, I notice that Lori is sitting down on the beach and decide to get her to play.


The water is so nice and comfy and I'm enjoying this piece of heaven.



Back on the deck - relaxation is the BEST!



I've even managed to finish my table runner.  TA-DONE.


Evening at the house --- out watching the moonrise.


My view - color changing as it rises.


One last look before going back inside.


Just chillin' with friends -- life is good.  Sam is learning how to make yo-yos.

12th - Well, good morning.  I've managed to climb out of be in time to see the sunrise.  Enjoy a few moments with me.


One of my favorite things is to watch the beach come alive and the birds are part of that.


Simply breathtaking.


I look down and two sets of angel wings are right in front of me.  Yep, Paula and Jennifer are walking along today.  Also -crab tracks abound.


Time to go in - but oh my - so beautiful.


I'm not the only one enjoying this time --- 



However, I have a project to do today and  I head to the kitchen to make the cookie dough and let it chill for an hour or so.  Then --- the cookie baking begins.  My recipe makes sooooo many cookies and I haven't doubled it at all.  Oh my.


I'd truly never find the bottom today if not for Samantha's help.  Whew.


That's a LOT of cookies.  I'm beat --- decorating will commence tomorrow.


Out to the deck for some peace and beauty.  A motorized paraglider comes by and I'm thinking that would be so fun.


It's just another wonderful day at the beach.


Frieda has her TA-DONE.


The moonrise brings about some sleepy feelings and I'm ready to crash.  Sadly, Samantha had to go back home for a work issue.  Dang it.



13th -  Day 4 -- the time is going by way too quick.  Eveline gets us going with a TA-DA


And I follow it up with a bag TA-DONE.  This truly took me less than an hour to make.  Amazing.  It has my regular purse in it for size and dimension.


I also finished the binding on this WONKY table runner from Missouri.  SOOOOO many lessons learned on this one.


It's time to decorate the cookies.  Everyone gets one of each shape and lots of icing to play with.  I am just enjoying all the creativity.


Some have done this before -- others, not so much.  It would help if my icing consistency was right -- hard to outline and flow with same icing.


They are being troopers though --- and the cookies are sooo yummy.



It's the gang!


Finishes!!  Jennifer and Lori


Lana and Stephannie - 


Eveline and Sharron - 


Frieda and my single cookie - 


Letting them set for a bit.


Eveline has another TA-DA


Sherri had joined in for the fun - we're heading out to dinner at the Sea Horse tonight.  Some are walking the half mile and others are driving.


Noticing the sign up ahead, I holler that we are going the wrong way - which brings things to a momentary stop until they see the sign too.


Smile, y'all - 


Dinner was fabulous, although a bit slow.  The walk home had us miss the moonrise but it's still wonderful out.  Well, that's the end of this post.  Keep watching for the second half of our stay, which will have its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment