Thursday, April 22, 2021

Epic Road Trip - Days 4 - 5

 Day four of our trip has us waking at Quiltville Inn.  YES!!  I went to bed early last night so the first thing I am sent a picture of a TA-DA.  Samantha has her Carolina Crossroads top finished and it's wonderful!!!


Now, it's cold in here.  Heat please.


The hen den is a favorite hangout already.  As we plan our day, it give us a chance to keep everyone in the loop.  The power is supposed to be out today so we are planning an outing into West Jefferson for some antiquing delight.  


As I go upstairs to dress, a few hanging quilts catch my eye and I want to share.


This crazy quilt is so beautiful - someday.


Today's pictures from around the Inn.




It's time to go and I'm following Bonnie.


Antiques on Main is the destination and upon our arrival, it's dang cold out there.  We are now in North Carolina.  Yep, we left Virginia this morning and I get to mark another state off my list.  You can share in all of our fun and see what wonders we found by clicking on this Antiquing LINK.  Yes, this day earned the ladies a charm.  See, it's worth wandering around.


Lunch is next and it's Winner's Circle Restaurant in Jefferson for us.  A yummy burger is my choice.


When we finish, Ramona walks across the parking lot to Plaza de Sol to make a reservation for Thursday night dinner.  They don't take reservations, but gave her a menu.  Oh my.


Upon our arrival back at the house, Bonnie takes us into her "Post Office" and shares one of the places that she makes her magic.  What a treat.  The first thing I see upon walking in.


Scenes from the room (as there were unpublished items around, I can't share all pics but be very excited as some really cool stuff is in the works).



Isn't this wonderful?


Hello Lola.  You know you're famous, right?


Yep, in the chair.  Why not?


Gwen and Paula


So many scraps and Ramona gets a pic.


Paula too


That's it that I can show.  Back into the house for some sewing time.  Bonnie is staying with us and has set up a sewing space of her own.  What a treat!  However, it means more secrets that can't be shown.  We're good with that.


While we have her --- it's the perfect time to present her Barn Quilt.


Oooooh, she likes it.




It's a terrible picture of me, but I'll take it as Bonnie looks just oh so happy.


This one - I'm better.  Apparently we are not in sync for the camera today.


This is better!!!!  Now Dave has another project.  Love him.




Ramona with a Quilt of Valor TA-DA - 


Bonnie tells us the cows are down by the river ---- ooooh, run for pictures.  Little did we know this would happen daily.  Silly girls.


Love, laughter, and fun.  Yep, it's cold and windy and we just don't care.


Time to sew!!!  It is Wednesday so I am working on Xing.  I fixed all the units I had wrong and finished the rest of these units.  Progress is progress.


Ramona's pic says it all.




The only thing this evening is lacking is a hot beverage.  Bailey's must be found so a very rapid trip to Sparta, NC and a return trip through Independence, VA.  Love the chance to see more of this area.  Thank you to Irene for driving and Sam for coming along.  A stop at the store for hot cocoa and we are set.  This ensures a fun time in the hen den for the evening and perhaps even a little shredding of the clothing.  No pictures of that here, but Sherri did get a fun one.  


That's how our evening ended --- well, at least mine.  Others stayed up until the wee hours, but bed called me.  (Day 5 below)  Psst - I will share this pic.


22nd - Good Morning!  Don't just love a view like this the minute you wake up?


It's so nice out there.  Time for a swing of my own.


Now - the house is still relatively quiet and I'm off to explore the yard a bit.  Yellow Dogwood in bloom.


Yes - a swing of a different color.


The firepit and a side view of the back porch.


Back entrance.


Back inside finds others up and busy.  The power never did go out yesterday, so today Dave has set up generators to keep the sewing room going.  The rest of the house is down, but in here we are warm and cozy and powered.




Irene with Garden Party on the wall.


Frieda getting going on Frolic


Jennifer's center TA-DA.  That's as far as it'll get while here.  I adore the little houses.


Sherri finished binding and has her Talking Turkey TA-DA.


Ramona with a second Quilt of Valor TA-DA.  This one is Bricks and Stepping Stones by Bonnie.


Dinner finds us back in Jefferson!!  Here they come.  Walking in the street.  We get the funniest looks from - Everyone we meet.


The decor in here is wonderful.  So vibrant and colorful.


Of course, the Texas Fajitas were ordered.


On the return trip a stop on a bridge to take a few photos results in Sam having a momentary panic.  "We're on a bridge.  In the middle of the road.  Stopped."  Pictures are gorgeous though.



Hen Den time.  La Chancla.  Look it up.


What did I accomplish today --- putting more Xing blocks together and I'm ready to lay it out.  All the blue blocks are sitting below the design wall -- yep, they are done too.  And with that - I'm done for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment