Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 2023 Tweener Time - Brazos House

 Tween Time has begun.  You know - the time "between" weekends.  There are five of us sharing the house for a few days and we all love the quiet "down time" and ability to get a few things done and still spend time together.

14th - The first weekend of retreat has ended and since it's Mother's Day, phone calls are coming to all, which is sooooo nice.  We have some music playing quietly and are just all going about our various projects.



Ramona has a mini-iron tote TA-DONE.


Ramona has also been running a mystery quilt-a-long and finished all three samples this morning.  I love these so much. TA-DA


Meanwhile, I working on rugs.  I have all four jelly rolls sewn together and one rope made today.  The empty table is nice but it means Gwen is missing and I'd rather have her.

15th  - This morning I am up and raring to go.  I have rigged my huge roll of batting behind my chair and with the morning sun, it's time to make another rope or two.


I'm the only one up at this point.  Tweener time is also "sleep in" time.  There are more than five machine sitting around, right?  Well, Debi and I have taken two tables and added machines for the rugs.  Also, several people are doing both retreats, so left their stuff here while going home for the days off.


Ramona is adding to her totes.  Another mini iron caddy TA-DONE.


Dinner out in Glen Rose.  Love this time together.


A peek at the neighboring cows on the way home.  They are just so skinny, we are all hoping they are rescues and will be fed better.



Ramona is killing it today - two fat quarter bags in the done column.  TA-DONE.


I've finished up two rugs.  My arms are a bit sore, but I still have two to go.  Perhaps one each day?  We shall see.  These two are my momma's Mother's Day gift - yep, they're late and will be delivered when I get there in June.  These are TA-DONE.

16th - We are getting started on the totes I planned to make this week.  Frieda is first up with her TA-DONE.


I have my first one done as well, but have a large oops.  I forgot the batting and quilting.  What is wrong with me?  I guess this one is mine to keep. TA-KINDA-TA-DONE.


Another empty room, lol.  It happens a lot during tweener time.


My wallet is being made today, too.  Do you think I have enough clips?


It went together sooooo fast and is TA-DONE.



While I was working on the bag - some pedicures happened.


And dinner out --- continuing our new tradition of Tweener Time Tuesday at Pastafina's.


17th - Morning roping.  That's my game.  A little brighter this time, right?


BUT, by the end of the day, all my rugs are TA-DONE.  I've cleaned up my second machine mess and am ready to prepare for the next groups arrival.


Linda has a TA-DA


Dinner is at a new local brewery.


Not the best pic, but it's us.  Stephannie has rejoined for session two.  With that, we are moving onto another retreat weekend.  Loving life and keeping busy - that's the fun we all share.

No comments:

Post a Comment