Sunday, May 21, 2023

The Road Less Traveled - Brazos House Retreat

 This weekend is the Road Less Traveled for a theme and Stephannie has been at the decorations once again.  Come along and enjoy our time near the river in Rainbow, TX.

18th - Good morning.








We've decided to try a new spot in Granbury for our opening day lunch and it is so fun.  We are at the Silver Saddle Saloon.  For dessert - an ice cream sampler.  Nice.


My bags are TA-DONE!!  I love them but you can really see the difference that the batting and quilting makes.  The last one is the one without and it really doesn't have much structure to it.


Scenes around the room.  BINGO time.



Let the TA-DA's begin.  Cindy, Linda, and Debi have bag TA-DONES!


I finished a little book set for my granddaughter's first birthday.  They have crinkle in them and have a little tote as well.  One very strange looking cat still needs stuffing.


By the time the day comes to an end, lots of love and laughter have been shared and friendship bonds are strong.  Last ladies standing.  I made it!!


19th - With the dawn of a new day, we also have the TA-DA's begin.  Here is Janet with hers.


Followed by Anne with her Mia Bag and Cindy with notebook TA-DONES.


I have my Sewcialite TA-DA


AND - my Mia Bag TA-DONE


Chickens are coming for food as I start walking out.




There are even a couple of ducks this year.  They think they are chickens, it appears.


Game time is about to begin.  I'm ready to travel.


Cindy wins the first round.  She is a naughty angel.


Twosie time - Lana and Anne


Cindy and Bridget


Janet and Stephannie


Yours truly and Laura


Ramona and Frieda


Debi and Linda


Round two goes to Frieda - with a photo bomb courtesy of Ramona.


The gangs all here - Frieda, Laura, Ramona, Cindy, Debi, Janet, Linda, Bridget, Lana, Stephannie, and Virginia.  Well, me too.  I missed Virginia in the twosies and am so sorry.


Seee - naughty angel.


Bridget with a bowl TA-DONE taught by Linda.  Super cute.


And a return - Linda with a fob TA-DONE, taught by Bridget.

It's been a great day and a BUNCH of us make it to last ladies standing.  Fun times for all.  Love these smiles.  

20th - Debi and I are sitting down at the river for a bit this morning.  The water is kinda muddy, but at least we don't have the bugs just yet.


Looking back at the house.


Breakfast time


Linda has a bag TA-DONE - taught by Stephannie.


Several bags.  I am not totally sure who they all belong to, but it may be Linda, Stephannie, and Debi.


My Mia bag TA-DONES


Bridget has another bowl TA-DONE.  Her smile says it all.


Frieda has been accumulating all her projects since she arrived last week.  Here is her TA-DA/DONE sofa.  She has been a busy girl.  Bags and tops and blocks, oh my.  Plus more.


Prize Winners Linda and Laura.


Newbies Laura and Bridget.  We are so glad they came to spend time with us.  Truly wonderful women.


Cindy has a TA-DA


Outside group pic for a change.  Such amazing women, inside and out.  I truly treasure my time with each and every one of them.


Debi has her Mia bag TA-DONE - 


Anne has a bowl TA-DONE


Last night, last ladies.  I made all three nights -- that might be a record.


Before bed, I've managed to clean my area up and am sharing my wonderful gifts with y'all here.

21st - The dreaded day has arrived.  It's time to go home again.  Stephannie and I shut the place down and are officially saying, "Brazos Out."  Next retreat - July.  We can't wait.  See you then, Brazos House. (keep reading - I have pretties)


As I leave the center, a stop is made to try and share the beauty of the Texas wildflowers with y'all.  Soak it up.







Stephannie makes the same stop and then - homeward bound for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment