Sunday, October 9, 2022

Recipe for Success Brazos Retreat

 I am excited for this retreat to begin and yet a little sad at the same time.  It is our last October retreat but we'll make it a fun one.  Why the last October?  It just has become very difficult for me as my sweetie and I usually travel during this time period and with retirement getting closer all the time, that will happen more and more.  Changes had to be made and we'll see how they go.  At any rate, let's get this shindig started.

I am packed and heading out bright and early.  Well, I'm trying to.  Mister is behind the car cleaning windows as I try and depart.  My car is LOADED as I'm hauling stuff for November too.  Hopefully there will be a lot less coming home.  As I get nearer to Rainbow, there is some intense fog ahead.  Crazy.  My visibility goes down to next to nothing for all of about 300 yards.  So weird.


Into the center and the work begins, but I am so fortunate because Stephanie has arrived to help me and I am sooooo thankful.  Soon, we have the place in shape and people have arrived.  The first bit of fun is lunch at Babes --- always good and always a joy.


With the chicken - of course.  We had a large group this time and its the FIRST time ever that we emptied out the house and left latecomers to fend for themselves.  That just meant that EVERYONE was hungry.


Once back, I get set up for some afternoon cookie decorating.  That's color run and puts creativity to work.  There's even a charm.




Lori's


My samples - 


Finishes all around - the smiles are awesome too -   Tonia and Angie


Ana and Virginia


Amber and Stephannie


Stephanie and Leanne


Brenda and Crystal 


Kelly and Karen


Someone went shopping - 


Some of the fun decorations - 



Lori has the first TA-DONE - 


Scene from the room - 


Tonia with a TA-DA


My decorators in mischief have been at it again --- I'll just share a few, but we are cracking up like crazy.



With that, I'm beat and headed to bed --- the other gals close out the night.


7th - Good Morning --- here is my wake up smile.  LOVE the avocado.


Goats are about and Ana has a key fob TA-DA


I'm not sure what happened, but I think I've run everyone off.  Hmmmm.


Stephanie with a TA-DA


Lori has quilted Karen's project and Joe Pat arrives just in time to help hold it up.  Karen TA-DA


Janet with a couple of TA-DONEs


Tonia has a second TA-DA


Virginia with some curtain TA-DA's --- super fun.


Amber's gorgeous TA-DA --- corners mitered and all.


A few are working on the grocery totes that I offered for a mini-class.  Here come the TA-DONES!

Lori - 


Angie and Terry - 


Ana and Amber - 


All together now - (yes, the timeline is off, but I wanted all the pics together)


I guess it's time to get the games started.


Costume love - (somehow I missed the two Stephan(n)ie's so I'll share one of them from the mischief ahead of time.




I didn't say it would be a great one, LOL.


Yours truly.


Some evening advancements - Tonia is RUBY - 


Angie is SAPPHIRE!!



And Lori is PEARL!  Well, technically, she was Pearl at the beach but someone forgot the tiaras.  No names mentioned.



Twosies on their own - Stephanie and Stephannie


Now, for a whole roll of blurry pictures.  I really need to slow down for these.  Crystal and Janet


Angie and Ana


Leanne and Tonia


Terry and Lori


Karen and Brenda


Amber and Kelly


Lori wants to make sure I'm not left out - Love her so much.


Game winners - Angie and Tonia - 


The gangs all here and I cannot figure out how to work the selfie stick that Mister bought me so it's back to chipmunk time.  (For all my guru friends that tried to help -- we didn't have the Bluetooth on.)  Love these ladies so much - Angie, Terry, Amber, Virginia, Brenda, Ana, Toni, Kelly, Lori, Leanne, Stephanie.  Front - Stephannie, Crystal, Karen, Janet.


Karen's tree skirt TA-DA


Last ladies pic --- what a crazy, fun day.


8th - It's Day 3 and I'm so excited that we still have another full day to go. Angie gets the ball rolling with a TA-DA.


At this point, I've been working on quilting a baby blanket (I don't know if it's a quilt - 3 layers of flannel and a minkee backing, then binding) and my task now is to square it all up.  You, too, can do this with two large cutting mats, 6 rulers, and 3 people in addition to a rotary cutter.  Oh, toss in lots of giggles and the inability to get back up and this is rife for jokes.



Angie with another TA-DA.  This one incorporated the jelly roll that she won last night.  How clever.


I've decided to clean up a bit this evening and save myself soooo much work tomorrow morning.  With that, here are my gifts from this retreat.  Thank you so much one and all.


Check it out --- a cleaned up area.


Last ladies, last night - 


9th - Drat - the dreaded day has arrived.  It's time to go home and I cannot thank these two ladies enough for sticking out to the very end and giving me so much help.  Friends forever.  Hugs and love.  See y'all in November.  Brazos Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment