Sunday, March 13, 2022

Brazos House Retreat - If I Ruled the World

9th -  It's Retreat time!!  I'm heading down the evening before with "tuna push-up pops" in hand.  Gotta love that man of mine.  It's the first retreat I've set up by myself in quite some time and I had forgotten just how much work it is.  Crazy.  I have most of it finished by the time Debi arrives and we have a nice evening together.  

10th - Let the fun begin!  The house starts filling up and before I know it, lunch time arrives and the cars depart for Babes.  Tradition!!  Since we are in back-to-backs, I'll get to do this twice and am splurging on a chicken-fried steak.




Typically, I catch Debi on the floor at least once per retreat but usually it's not crawling under my table and trying to enter the door.  Silly girl.  I still haven't touched my sewing machine, but lots and lots of visiting is taking place.  The swap table is a bit hit and the library seems to be "the spot to be" for chatting and catching up with one another.


Scenes from the room and dinner




Janet shares a TA-DA


Stephannie finds me in the library (told ya) to share a chain ta-da.


Resting all over the place --- this retreat is REALLY productive so far.  Hahahahaha



Bricks and Stepping Stones TA-DA by Susan.


11th - Good morning and let the day begin with a TA-DA by Cindy.


Room scenes (and I'm still not sewing, I've changed the stressing and now it's focused on the bad weather coming our way.)



BINGO is underway and this entire bowl is a donation.  Thank you, Ramona.


Breakfast included mimosas.  Perfect.


At this point, the decision was made for me to just head home.  I was planning on going super early in the morning as I have a 6 a.m. flight to Washington D.C but it appears that perhaps leaving from home will be better.  At this point, I'm outta here, but the retreat continues.  Stephannie and Debi took loads of pictures, but since I don't have a timeline, I'm just going to share a few here.

Thursday's Last Ladies standing


Friday night last ladies standing - 


Saturday Night Last Ladies Last night - 


Group Picture - 


TA-DA's

Stephannie apron and Angie's phone pouch


Angies Table Runner Ta-DA


Stephannie cross stitch bag


Debi's project pouches and Stephannie Cross-stitch


Ramona quilt tops


Linda quilt top


Angie's bag and pillow cases


Stephannie project pouch and Angie's quilt top


Cindy's quilt top


Game Night Fun - Costumes






Advancement - Cindy with wrong tiara, lol


Stephanie with Emerald


Prize winners - 


Twosie pictures - Debi and Susan


Frieda and Sam


Eveline and Angie


Cindy and Ramona


Carla and Linda


Janet and Terry (not posed, it is what it is)


Debi and Gwen (second time for Debi)


Stephanie --- Missing Stephannie, she was busy taking pictures.  It happens.  And that's a wrap for this retreat.  Thank you to all who covered for me.  Hugs all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment