Sunday, November 21, 2021

Building Friendships - Brazos House Retreat

 It's the retreat I look the most forward to all year.  Our anniversary - and this year we are celebrating our 8th November together.  Crazy right?  The theme is Building Friendships and what could be better than that?  I've taken a construction approach, but we'll see what others come up with.  For now -- the committee came in last night to prepare the place for today.  Take a peek at our decor.

Stephannie has been a huge help to me and created door signs for all the rooms as well as many of the decorations around the house.  I tackled the outside a wee bit.







Of course --- the one that I wiggle the camera on is hers ---- ugh.




More from the house - 






When on a cruise in 2019 Sherri purchased a ring that she can no longer wear and Sam has a matching piece for it, so, naturally, a proposal takes place and the ring is gifted.


Thursday's meal group has planned a Thanksgiving dinner for all and we are busy getting the room decorated on top of everything else.



Jen was up bright and early making pies for our dinner --- yum.


THIS magical device holds our turkey so the oven is free.


And THIS - came with Gwen to hold EVERYTHING else.  Well, not quite but it sure feels like it.


One of the chefs at work - 


Continuing my prep for the evening --- Diamonds are being gifted new tiaras tonight --- I think I'm finally ready to be with the retreaters.


Sharron makes a very grand entrance --- wearing just about every item she's ever been gifted by all of us.  Shark Power!!


More kitchen stuff happening --- 


Ahhhh --- this year's committee!!!  We are ready to love on everyone.


Our meal is ready to go ---- everyone is here and the feel in the room is just amazing.  So much love and laughter.


Yum.  Enough said.


Onto our evening ceremony - 


Of the original 15 that I began this adventure with -- there are still 8 of us.  That's pretty cool after 8 years.  These women are my ultimate support group - ALL the women who attend, not just those pictured, however, the diamonds will always hold a special place in my heart.




Now, I know you are wondering if any sewing is going on here.  Well, yes.  Joyce has a TA-DA


We also have BINGO going and with a change in how we are doing it next year --- this retreat ALL gifts must go.  They get to pick.


Stephanie's TA-DA


It's time to call it a day.  Last ladies standing and then everyone out to look at the sky.


I thought I could stay up until the lunar eclipse tonight, but nope.  I'm off to bed with these pictures of the moon.  See y'all tomorrow. (keep reading)


19th - Good Morning!!!  It's going to be such a fun day.  Lori has a Quilty Barn block TA-DA to start us out.


Some of today's entertainment -- crazy goats in trees.



Jennifer has a TA-DONE.  We are so sad that she has to leave today, but so thankful she spent some time with us.  Family always comes first.


Today's Friendship Building activity is gingerbread houses.  Yes, there are charms to incentivize all.



Tins of lots of candies to decorate with.


Pre-baked kits.  What could be easier?


Smiles all around -- 



Let the TA-DA's begin --- Stephannie and Stephanie 


Fawn and Lori - 


Ms Sherri --- complete with bulldozer.  Her construction company had a few issues and went over budget.



Samantha 


Shirley and Amy (also a few problems with her crew)



Kelly - 


Cindy and Jen


Gwen and Debi 


Joyce - her trees are so cool


Sharron and Paula


I think some candy was smuggled in on this one by Paula.  Hmmmm


TA-DA by Fawn and Joyce


Sherri TA-DA


Game night --- Now to see the different takes on the theme.  Toy Story makes an appearance along with Raggedy Ann.


Carpenter Belts full of the MOST necessary tools.



Builders everywhere - 


A Minion -- 


Unique takes on "Friendship" --- Love them all


Door Prizes go to Lori, Stephanie, and Joyce


Amy is RUBY!!!!



Round one and the fat quarters go to LORI --  they were given and then taken and then given correctly


Lori won round two also.


Twosies - Cindy and Kelly


Stephannie and Stephanie


Gwen and Sam


Sam and Sherri (Sam just LOVES her picture taken)


Jen and Amy


Not sure who the photographer was, but counting lessons need to be give --- and facial recognition too.  Sherri, Lori, and Jen


Shirley, Joyce and Fawn -- silly girls


Paula and Sharron


Debi and I - we're working hard ya know -- don't judge.  No idea who won the last round -- no pictures on my camera.  Who were you?


Jen with her pillow TA-DONE


Last ladies --- yep, I didn't make it tonight.


20th - Today, we are doing our activity early and that has some grumbling a bit, but it is what it is.  Others have plans around lunch so this will free up the day for all.  Today, birdhouse construction.





Here come the TA-DA's --- Shirley


Sherri - she had a better relationship with her construction company today.


Kelly



Fawn and Stephanie


Stephannie and Cindy


Joyce 


Samantha and Lori


Debi 


Sharron 


Somehow I missed a few -- Amy, Paula, Gwen, Jen --- no idea what happened.  I took the pictures but they are not on my phone.  So sad.

Fawn with a TA-DA


All the gingerbread houses together - 


It's lunchtime --- in Granbury and at Babe's - oh yeah, it's a good day.  We also have Sharron with us but she's otherwise occupied.  I could have sworn we had a picture taken at the table too, but nothing on my phone.


 
Stephanie with a TA-DA


Joyce's TA-DA


The gang all here --- Back row - Debi, Stephanie, Stephannie, Kelly, Jen, Me, Fawn, Sherri  Front row:  Shirley, Samantha, Lori, Amy, Gwen, Cindy, Sharron, Joyce, and Paula.  We are missing Jennifer (a lot, not just in the picture).


Hen Den activity for the evening.  Such great conversation and laughter.



Lori brings in her TA-DA blocks - PENGUINS!!


All the birdhouses together --- I know Gwen's is the white one down front, Jen's is the brick in the middle, Amy's is back left, and Paula's is the yellow roof down front.


This is the end of our pillowcase service project for the year and we are sending all of these off to Val.  It's been a great year and I think we made over 400 pillowcases.



I'm cleaning up my area this evening and these are my "goodies" from retreat.  So, so blessed.


Last night, last ladies standing.


21st --- This day is always so tough.  I never want to pack up and leave.  

Joyce has a crocheted TA-DA


I've finished my bears -- TA-DA


Brazos Out picture - such great women.  I love them all dearly. (keep reading as antics occurred)


Ms. Sharron discovered some additional passengers in her car.


As did another, but I don't know who.  LOL.  Until next year --- retreat season is officially closed for 2021.  Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. You ladies have so much fun! I have fun just watching you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We DO have a great time and are always open to making new friends who come and play.

      Delete