Friday, November 26, 2021

Rhododendron Trail - Introduction Post - Mystery Quilt - Bonnie Hunter

 Woohoo!  It's that time of year again and I'm super excited.  I was pretty close in my guess on this year's colors but the burgundy instead of purple threw me a bit.  However, onward we go and I'm always game for a new adventure.  I'm in Montana as the colors and yardage release so will have to be patient for pulling fabrics, but it will happen.  Right now -- family time.

If yo wish to follow along with this adventure, here is the Bonnie LINK to the mystery.  Please join in with us for the fun.  I'll post my own progress with each clue to share as well.

11/5 It's taken a few days, but we are in a town with the required store to pick up my paint samples.  It makes me feel as though I'm part of the excitement.

11/15 -- We arrived back in Texas yesterday and my first fun is to head for the studio this morning and pull fabrics.  I've decided on a constant aqua AND a constant burgundy.  However, I don't have near enough of the burgundy so an order has already been place --- fortunately, I had a selvage to work with.


Neutrals are never a problem and a quick peek in the house container (yep there's a small tote here in the house and a large one in the studio and I try to work the small one first and then refill) show me lots of fun variety.


Plus a few fun items I've picked up in recent travels and haven't made it actually inside the tote yet.  I still have strips to pull from as well.


Meanwhile, today I am making a cranberry relish for our annual November quilt retreat and the color has me thinking of this mystery as I work.


11/26 - After retreat I am spending a few "sick" days on the sofa and my fabric arrives.  That will cheer anyone up.  With that --- I am ready for the release today - well at least with supplies.  I'll post when I actually make progress.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment