Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Quilter's Cottage Spotlight - Eureka Springs

 We've been in Eureka Springs the last couple of days and are leaving this morning, but not without a stop at The Quilter's Cottage.  Come along for a fun stop and so much more.  As we walk in the door, our arrival is announced by the cutest Pomeranian that I have seen in years.  She is darling and her job is to let the owner,  Shirley, know someone is in the store.  She then comes over to say howdy to us with a quick sniff of the feet.


I set my camera to work while Mister sinks his hand into the lush white fur and lets her know we are friends.  This place is DARLING.


Ooooh, that butterfly bag!


Great little corner to sit and visit.  It feels so like home.  The Row by Row hanging above the chair catches my eye as does another that is coffee cups.  They are both older ones, but ask Shirley if she still has the patterns and she goes looking.


And apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so.  Someone has now taken up the post to watch us.  After a few minutes, the decision has been made.  We're okay and back to watching the cars go by.  Perhaps there will be someone else to greet.


I'm heading up the stairs where Mister said the sale rack is, but am way more interested in looking back.  I LOVE the beds/chairs on top of the fabric shelving.  How fun is that?  (See the Arkansas panel that is just like the Texas one I bought at the last shop?)  



It appears that there is also class space up here or just a "sit and sew" area.  Don't stand up too much though.


Near the check out --- lovely.


As we depart, a look back shows that the back door of the shop takes you to an upper deck with chairs to sit and hand stitch.  Oh my.  I would definitely be a frequent visitor if I lived here.  Thank you, Shirley, for being a wonderful hostess and for your lovely shop.  (My goodies are below.)


Today's takeaway --- three fat quarters, two patterns and a wonderful smile.  It's time to hit the road again.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely shop. Very creative. Did you get the name of the pattern designer for the "State" pattern? I would love to get a couple cor family members...Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas...if they have them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful shop. The panels are Northcott My Home State. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. I didn’t know this place existed! We’re about 2 hours away. I need to plan a Road Trip!! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly a fun shop. You definitely need to go and a road trip sounds like a perfect day plan --- just check the hours. We were there on a Monday, Tuesday and they didn't open until we left on Wednesday.

      Delete