Friday, January 3, 2020

Frolic - Clue 7 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

I slept past 6 on a clue day!  I need to say that louder:  I SLEPT PAST 6 ON A CLUE DAY!  That is unheard of in my world, but it did happen.  The thing is - once up, I was on it.  I read and re-read the clue before starting to cut.  Guess what, I STILL struggled with the cutting until I figured out that I could cut as normal if I just made sure the blue was on top.  The problem is that somehow my brain didn't accept that and occasionally put the raspberry on top.  THEN a lightbulb moment!!!  The ones I had accidentally cut backwards could be the HST's.  From then on, I was golden but it still took me over two hours to get this clue cut.  Whew.   Seriously, I didn't enjoy that even one bit and I love cutting with my Easy Angle Ruler.  Today:  No.




Off to the sewing machine I went.  Remember I read and reread the clue.  Then I sewed over 300 HST's.  Are you laughing yet?  I was dang close to crying when I discovered what I had done.


 So I pressed four of them to make myself smile.  Okay, I can fix this, it'll just take time. 


Time, such an amazing item.  Nine hours later, this clue is finally complete.  I unsewed (lovely term right?) over 150 units along the way, but it is done and that is perfect for me.  Oh, by the way, to add to my misery, this clue contained pinwheels.  I don't think I can state strongly enough how much I hate pinwheels.  ARGH!!!  (Cue the music from Frozen:  Let It Go . . . )


The great thing is that this one is behind me and I'm ready for whatever comes next and my hunch is that it won't be a week away.  I've been wrong before, but . . . .   See ya in Clue 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment