Thursday, January 24, 2019

Needle Niche in Athens

Our little friendly retreat is making a quick trip into Athens, which means a stop at The Needle Niche.  What an awesome little shop.  I don't even know if I should say little.  It's renovated from an older home and each room is chock full of goodies.  I LOVE the rock work outside --- all the way up to the chimney.  My heart is happy just looking at the exterior and, yet, I know what the inside holds.  Or at least I think I do.




Up the stairs and the first thing I spot are these metal washtubs - each sporting remnants and scrap bags.  Oooooh -- I'll be back to check this out closer before I leave.


In the front door and I am immediately stopped in my tracks.  Let the fun begin.


My eyes start taking in all the little nooks and crannies --- filled with vintage items that add just the right amount of interest to the shop.


Jelly rolls of wonder --- soooo many to choose from.


Many doorways and wall host plaques and/or banners of some sort.  This one --- this one is perfect.


Oh my ---- coveting is in high mode for me right now.  Do  you see the turquoise 301 beauty?  LOVE.


Fabric?  You're wondering about the fabric?  Well, here we go --- as I said -- each and every room is just jam-packed.  Oh these lovely neutrals --- fun, fun, fun.  I want to come back just to shop them.


Another doorway --- Perfect!


Look at all the flavors!!  Make sure you peek for all the vinnie finds both high and low in this shop.





What a great shop.  I definitely want to go back when my budget for fabric returns.  In the meantime, I had to make due with some new neutral fats and a scrap bag.  I'm happy and you will be as well if you check out The Needle Niche in Athens, TX.


4 comments:

  1. Love the needle niche an old you fun blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the needle niche such nice ladies who are sew helpful!!

    ReplyDelete