Monday, January 7, 2019

Good Fortune - Clue 7 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt


Happy New Year!!!

Bonnie dropped a new clue along with the ball in New York -- right at midnight.  Somehow I made it long enough to check it out and then was off to bed.

She's a tricky one.  This year, for the first time since I've been doing these mysteries, it was not the reveal, but another step.  I LOVE IT!!  We will be building some of the units together to make the blocks go a bit quicker.  For me, that means heaven.

Now, a few hours later and with some sleep in me, I am ready to tackle part of this clue.  We are turning our four patches into 16's with a great pattern being generated as well.  Easy Peasy and it is quickly complete with both sets.





That's all I really have time for today as my clean and purge is in full force and some attention must go there as well.  My sweet man has to work today and thus, so should I.  I'll finish this clue before the next one is out though -- I hope.  For all I know we could get another clue tomorrow.

1/3  It's been a couple of day and  I've grabbed a minute here and a minute there to start putting the half-square triangles together as well as trying to work on a really old UFO.


1/6 - Well, I was wrong.  The Reveal was given two days ago and I haven't finished this clue.  Drat.  Today, I want to finish this one and then start in on my blocks.  The dream is to complete these tops by the middle of the month.  Hey -- a girl can dream.

Black set first --- TA-DA


Now to take a few and make another unit with them.


One color way complete


Onto the blue ---


I didn't quite finish but I'm really close --- tomorrow will bring closure to this clue.  I promise.

1/7 - Okay -- Sew, sew, sew --- press, press, press - the first units are ready


A few moving forward -


And the blue set complete.  Yippee!!!


One pic with both sets together and then the lovely tray pictures.  With the reveal out, it is the last week for tray pictures.


It means the ornaments are finished as well.  They will go on the tree for the next week or so and then be packed away with the decor later this month.



All together now --- I LOVE this picture and want to remember the insanity of doing two at once.  It likely won't happen again.  Keep watching -- I'll be putting blocks together right away - another post will take place.  If you are here visiting via Bonnie's linky, here is your Route Back.

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed how far you have got with the two tops! That is a huge amount of sewing you have completed already. They are going to look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I am hopeful that I will get back to them next week and perhaps manage to get one finished top. That would be awesome.

      Delete
    2. I have never made one of your mystery quilts. I am working on Step 7 but I now cannot find further instructions. Please, please help.

      Delete
    3. Unkown: This is not my quilt. It is Bonnie Hunter's mystery. I referred to her blog with each post I did and she pulls her clues at a certain point. I believe it will be available for purchase at some point in the future. I have not completed mine yet so my pictures of the last clue have not been posted. I'm so sorry but if you watch Quiltville.com, you will know when the quilt pattern is available to purchase.

      Delete