Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Gal Time at Jennifer's House

Sometimes it feels as though I am always on the go and unable to attend the little gatherings that take place in my own quilting community.  This week, the elements all have come together and I am on the road to Haslet and Jennifer's wonderful home.  If I wasn't driving, I'd literally do a little jump for joy.  (You've heard of speech to text, right?)

At any rate, I am the first one to arrive today.  I jokingly say that because Paula showed up yesterday and spent the night.  Lucky her.  I have determined to just work on my redwork embroidery block so I have just my bag to carry in.  Smart cookie, that's me.



It's so fun to see Jen again and I settle into a nice little corner of the sofa.  I did something to my neck last night, so I'm moving a wee bit slow (another reason not to jump this morning) but still content.  In a short time, the house fills and we are all here and accounted for.  Stephannie, Sherri, and Jennifer S have joined our merry tribe.  I am not the only one who opted for just hand work -- three of us are spaced out on the sofa --- this is pretty sweet.  Just visit and stitch.  Perfect.


Good stuff is happening in the kitchen and lunch smells amazing.  Is it noon yet?


I am invited up into the studio to see Jen's new machine and oh man, it is wonderful.  I snap a quick "Hello" picture of Paula and then somehow forget to take any additional pictures.  I think the pain pills are fogging my brain a bit.


What a great afternoon of fun and fellowship.  I have so missed these type of days and must make a point to have them happen more often.

We REALLY are enjoying this sofa --- so much so that Sherri actually convinces Stephannie to wait on her.  WTW?

The best part for me is watching quietly and noticing little things.  For example, Stephannie's feet.  Just too funny and totally understood by many quilters.

It's been a wonderful boost to my spirit.  The lunch was fantastic allowing both my tummy and my heart to be filled.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jennifer.  I really needed this day.

AND -- I made headway.  This one just might get finished this month.   (keep scrolling)


Well, that's it.  Smiling faces all around.  Now, let's hit the road.  Tomorrow is retreat day and I have a ton to do still.  Til next time, keep on creating.

2 comments:

  1. What fun! There really is nothing like a day shared with quilty friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's an uplifting and necessary part of our lives.

      Delete