Thursday, March 1, 2018

Texas Tumbleweeds Week Five

Week Five of our Bonnie Hunter Texas Tumbleweeds Quilt-A-Long arrives and I have wonderful news to report!  I finished last years Quilt-A-Long.  Yippee!!!  Aren't ya'll just so proud of me?  Now, onto this week's step.

We are taking the units from last week and turning them into a giant four-patch.  Yep, that's all there is to it and I am ready to go.



First, lay out a block.  Now sew the parts together.  I am chaining -- both parts of a block and then onto the next one.  Each block gets laid out individually and then added to the chain until I am down to the last five.  I don't want to get stuck with a block that has many repeats in it, so all five are laid out.  Now - back to the chain.


My chain is quite long and now I just snip two units off at a time and add the final seam.  Over and over until all the blocks are completed.  Done!  Just like that.  One load of laundry washed and dried from start to finish.  Perfect.

Now, what else shall I work on today?  Hmmmm.  See ya next week.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. I am so proud of you! Any kind of finish is good. The Texas Tumbleweeds blocks are rally cool. I've never seen a block like that before. The shot of the blocks on the floor is a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am trying soooo hard to finish up those UFO's but list is just so long. I LOVE these blocks too. It almost makes me want to cheat and start on next week's step, but I'll be good and play with others.

      Delete