Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stitchin' Heaven in Mineola - What a Fun Shop!

I have finally made it to Mineola, TX and discovered for myself why so many people enjoy Stitchin' Heaven.  I had my first interaction with them while in Houston at the International Quilt Festival last November.  You can take a trip down memory lane and revisit that trip by clicking on THIS LINK.  And if you visit, make sure to say hello to Gus, the longhorn who stands as a sentinel in the classroom.



There are nooks and crannies all over this store and, in fact, they have even printed up a map to find the various types of fabric.  Very clever.


It's a very bright and busy store with endless ideas.

I am here to set up my space for classes I will be a part of for the next two days but really feel as though I need to do a spotlight just on the shop too.  Oh to have endless dollars.  AND get past my "only purchase fabric to finish a project -- not start" mantra.  I'm making dents in what I have for sure but they are small dents.  Just look at this lovely fat quarter wall.  Such fun.






If I'm going to get sucked in, this will be the section to do it.  I looked and looked and looked at these kits back in Houston and still want one really bad.  That Quilt Dive would be such fun in the studio.

Well, it's time to get my spot totally ready to go.  People are waiting on me.  Fun posts coming up the next couple of days so be on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment