Tuesday, April 30, 2024

April 2024 Quilt and Life Update

 

Our theme this year, JOY!!!  I believe we all need a bit of a help in adding this to our lives.  If you didn't get a chance to check out the post explaining it all --- here is the LINK to the initial post.  I'm looking forward to the direction this can take us all, but especially myself, if I give it a fair shot.  Sometimes stepping out of comfort zones is challenging, but it almost always allows for growth.  Here we go for March:    Did you find Joy in Music last month?  We sure did in our house.  All music was gone through and reorganized and is being listened to once again.  It's so nice.  So, for this month  - find the joy in work.  It does exist and the type of work is up to you.  Work is defined as "exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something."  You can do it.  Find it.  You will be happier due to it.

Now, if you are new to this blog, you may be asking, "just what is a monthly update?"  I decided long ago that I just can't keep up with blogging daily.  I just can't.  Sooooo, what happens is I document each day in my life within one post and if something special happens, a separate post takes place.  See, you can stay caught up with a once a month check and then, if you're interested, see the other posts too.  It's a great system for me.  There will be links throughout this update that go to related posts of MINE.  They will open in a new window so that you can keep your place here.  Just click on the hyper-links if you wish.  There are NO ADS.  Never have had them, don't intend to start unless my whole world gets turned upside down.


 In years past, I have set goals for each month that I NEVER was able to reach.  However, I NEED that guideline to follow, so I will continue to do that simply to keep myself on track.  UFO mode will continue around here with minimal purchases (those who know me know that this has been a miserable failure so far the past couple of years, but I'm gonna keep on trying), but also a few fun and new items will make an appearance now and then.  The "hopeful attempts" will change each month and will always show up at the bottom of the update if you read that far - and they are joined by links to the previous monthly updates for the year.

Now, grab a cuppa and sit back for a fun read and perhaps a new idea or two.   (P.S. I format on a computer, so if you are reading on a phone, well sometimes the pictures will be before or after the story.  It is what it is.

1st - It's April Fools Day!!  Did you ever wonder how on earth we created that holiday?  Well, the best I could find is this:  Some historians speculate that April Fools' Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. In the Julian Calendar, as in the Hindu calendar, the new year began with the spring equinox around April 1. People who were slow to get the news or failed to recognize that the start of the new year had moved to January 1 and continued to celebrate it during the last week of March through April 1 became the butt of jokes and hoaxes and were called “April fools.” These pranks included having paper fish placed on their backs and being referred to as “poisson d’avril” (April fish), said to symbolize a young, easily caught fish and a gullible person.A new month for the Dear Jane sew-along.  There ya go.  At any rate, enjoy the day and the start of a new month.

Our Sew Along is continuing and this is the Dear Jane LINK if you wish to join in and the April blocks are:  


I'm using my own random number generator, running a UFO Challenge in the Facebook group, and awarding prizes.  This month it is: 7 and for me that is a Round Robin I participated in a couple of years ago.  It has sat since I received it back and just needs to be finished.  


That leads us into the nitty gritty.

I have a houseguest for the next few weeks which means I had to clean out the spare bedroom and move all my "stuff" to the studio.  What that meant was some things came back into light and I realized they really needed some attention.  Today:  Tackle the leftover batting.  By the time I finished, I had a full batting on the long arm, a second full batting ready to be used on another quilt, batting cut for a wall hanging that I was gifted by Gilley and over a hundred 5" squares cut for future rag quilts.  All in all, pretty successful.


Might as well load up the long arm.


With that all behind me, I set to work on this month's paper piecing project and made good progress before it was time to call it a day.


2nd - This morning, I am out of the house by 8:30 and headed to get the grocery shopping done.  Home by noon with a car full and did a pasta salad with rotisserie chicken for lunner.  Yep, you read that right.  I'm keeping with my afternoon main meal as it works best for me.  I'm just tired in the evening and don't want to cook and clean up.  So, I like the new plan.  Once I have everyone fed, I'm off to the studio for a bit.  My April PP Project is TA-DONE!


And . . . I've started the applique on the MH block for this month.  Black is done and threads buried.


3rd - I'm in the mood to make a fun breakfast - artichoke frittata and fresh fruit.  


A few errands get taken care of and then into the studio I go.  I want to pull fabrics for the pile of projects I found that are waiting their turn --- onto the calendar they went.  Backing for the wall hanging and fabric I bought on the Missouri trip last year that I want to make into The Ultimate Bag (and I ordered the supply kit for it) get the ball rolling.  


I then keep going and pull all the fabrics for the purses/backpacks on this years list.  Any missing supplies were also ordered.


Two more grocery totes are pulled and ready as well.  I REALLY use the one I've made and want more.  The only sewing I do is for two more applique colors to be added to the MH block.


At this point, the day is about done and Mister asks if I want to go for a sunset walk.  Yep, yep I do.  Here is the LINK if you wish to see our fun.  Once home, I bury threads on my MH block and it's ready for more colors tomorrow.  Check off the oranges.


4th - Still tackling the stack of things I've put aside the past few weeks:  two labels to go with their bindings (Pressed Flowers and Loyal Union) and binding/sleeve for the wall hanging get me started.  Then, two more colors of applique (white and dark green) on my MH block.


Moving on - starting the POD block for this month.  I am working on the Firebolt broom.  I start out taping pieces together and get a few of the smaller sections done before the day ends.


5th - Two more colors on my block (final two - light green and gray) and then onto finishing the broomstick block.  Whew.  Super challenging as I kept putting the wrong colors on and had to tear things apart multiple times.  Argh.  I know one spot is off, but after 8 hours on this thing, I just don't care anymore.  It's a broom.


Mister comes with a drink and a chance to enjoy our lovely spring.


It's been leftovers for the past few days, so tonight's treat is a charcuterie board.  So, so good.


6th - Even with a house guest, we are out early for a member morning at the zoo (he's going car hunting with his dad today).  Here is the LINK to share in all we see this time.  



Then home to relax and work on pictures and the blog for a bit.  Our plans for this weekend have changed and I'm pretty sad.  The weather is just not cooperating and my friend's, Gwen's, husband is not feeling up to visitors so we are just staying home for the eclipse.  Mister tackles the yard work, takes me to dinner at Vector, and then waits to visit with his brother when they return from car shopping.  Me?  After dinner - it's off to bed early tonight.

7th - Breakfast with Bob and then down to Deep Ellum for the Art Festival.  It's a gorgeous day and I can't believe it's all leaving tomorrow and we will be stuck with clouds for the eclipse.  I'ma trying to do what the wall says.



Lunch at Westlake Brewing --- yummy flatbread and a crazy good Black Ale.


Home for a bit and we finish out the day with ice cream.


8th - It's the Eclipse day and we're doing our best to just let it go.  Off to White Rock Coffee this morning for a nice visit and breakfast together.  Mister took the day off when we thought we were going to be out of town, so he's all mine today.


  We then made some fresh spaghetti and as we were eating, the eclipse began.  Stop the presses and head outside to make the best of it.  Here is the LINK to the way it al went from there.


I'll share one of Mister's pics --- it went SOOOOO PERFECT!!!


Finally, it's time to sew for a bit and I worked on gnomeo for the rest of the day.  I was worried about all these small pieces, but if you follow the pictures, it goes well.  Perhaps that is the first time I've said to ignore the words.  They messed me up big time.


9th -   This morning I finished up Gnomeo - felt good to get something accomplished.


And then I moved right onto Juliet before needing to go inside and make lunch.


With a full belly, a clean kitchen and happy guys in the house working, I'm back to Juliet and she is put together.  Sadly, the pictures don't really show how sparkly the scissors or seam ripper are.  In real life, they really show up.


10th - I'm pretty motivated to quilt today.  However, the machine disagrees a wee bit.  It takes a cleaning, oiling, and needle change to get her happy.  Oh, said needle change took 3 attempts before I gave in and looked at the manual to make sure I was putting it in correctly.  Guess what?  Nope -- once in right she ran beautifully.


Within a short time, Pressed Flowers is coming off the frame.  I get it trimmed right away and then set aside to add binding/label.


Meanwhile, Gnomeo and Juliet get loaded.  Haha, that sounded funny.  Made a small batting out of leftovers once again and I only had a yard of fabric for the back and they just BARELY fit, but it'll work.


11th - Good Morning!  I'm studio bound with hopes of accomplishment today.  First up is Gnomeo and Juliet --- they went PERFECT as I switched to a thread that my machine loves.  Even the batting and backing worked out.  Happy girl here.


Next, my round robin top is loaded into the frame.  This is my UFO for the month.  I don't want to be working on it the very last day again.  I put together one more Franken-batting and have now used all that I can except for some smaller scraps that I will get cut up.  Then - onto a new bolt of batting.


At this point I put the binding on Pressed Flowers and Gnomeo and Juliet and made my way into the house.  Lunch is pretty late, but I'm done in the studio for the day.  Handwork is next.  After our meal, I finish up the embroidery on Merrie Halloween for this month.  This is just so dang cute.


By the time the evening is over, I have the binding on Gnomeo and Juliet and all but about 2 feet on Pressed Flowers.  It's been a good day.


Even though I took this picture the next day, I'm placing it here so I have the actual finish date recorded.  I tried to get all artsy, but the lighting screwed me up.  Oh well, it is TA-DONE!


12th -   A second picture with the help of Mister.  I have my second TA-DONE!  Pressed Flowers will get a sham in the next month or so and be gifted to a granddaughter this summer.


Chore time --- and there is a lot.  Bob has moved into his apartment and so all the towels and sheets are going as well.  Still only a little over 2 hours of my life and its done.


In the afternoon, I had a chance to visit with Jen on the phone and got all the rest of the batting pieces cut into usable squares.  There are NO batting scraps left except for in the swap table bag because they could be used for rugs.


13th - Happy Saturday to all!!  I am off with Mister to the Urban Market in Garland for a bit of fun.  At the coffee shop on the square, this is on the wall.  How cool is it?


We came to a booth with a lady selling aprons and I've been talking about making myself a new one.  Well ---- this was patchwork and $5.00.  Can't begin to make it for that if I include my time so it came home with me.  Yep - last of the big spenders here.  I also picked up a free violet at the market --- now to get it planted.


What happened to the rest of the day?  We went to Jusco up in Plano and picked up some supplies for meals.  Love this supermarket - even if a lot of it is out of my comfort zone.  I'm okay with learning.  Suddenly it is evening and time for a mojito.  Whatever else took place today --- it was all good as it was time with my sweetheart.


14th -  It's a Member Morning walk at the Arboretum to start our day.  I do so love these times.  Here is the LINK to just how that went.  So much beauty - and then . . .


some destruction for the rest of the day.  Quite the story.  Dinner at Jakes and ibuprofen for dessert.  All in all a pretty decent day and productive on top of joyous.


15th -   Monday has reared her head again.  I must get "something" done this week as the month has not been super productive so far and the list is long.  Out to the studio to cut a BOM.  Since I've worked out of the house more the past year, all my rulers are in various places, but not the studio.  I went into the house to retrieve the rulers I want and wound up cleaning out the ruler bag, sorting the rulers in the guest room and locating various other ones around the house.  Finally, it's all under control and I have a stack to take out to the studio (all triplicates, lol).  Frieda sent me a message as I'm walking back out and that has me looking for fabric for another project AND finds me cleaning out the black fabric tote.  I also grab the brown tote and hunt down some fabric for the next HP blocks in May.  Yep, that's high on the list.  There is definitely a squirrel running around this morning.  Is my block cut? Yes. Now to order backing for the DM.  I'm out of time - need to go and make lunner.  (yep - our lunch/dinner)  Today it is Chicken Medallions with Tomatoes and Capers over rice.


Afternoon productivity includes cutting the pieces apart for Sophie Claire.  I want to get three parts done this month and it's already half gone.


For some reason, I can't sleep so I clean the office and find many things I need to do.  I also have a TON of shredding that needs to happen so I will work on the last nine years of paperwork a little at a time each day.  I can get this done this month.  I hope.

16th - I'm am trying to stay on a structured day.  First thing after breakfast, I get some shredding done.  Check.  Then head for the studio and do an Ultimate Bag supply check along with the new bag.  Check.  Next up - pull DJ fabrics for the two months.  Check.


Back inside and a pan of family goulash is soon ready to eat.


While it cooks, I lay out Barn Star and this one is definitely a puzzle to sew together.  Perhaps this weekend it will happen.


Back to the studio to clean up the mess I made while pulling DJ fabrics.  I now have the Civil War tote organized again.



And - then I organized the brown tote that was still out from yesterday.  Check.  Enough for today.


17th -  Today we are making our own Pho.  That means the stock needs to get started first thing in the morning.  I'm going to share the few pictures I took here instead of a whole post on the personal blog this time.  Call me lazy.  While it cooks, I get the office shredding done.


As the chicken cooks, the meat starts to float as well.


Everything gets strained out and I'm left with the broth.


Noodles get cooked and here is the presentation.  How fun.  Was it perfect?  No, but I know how to make it better next time.  Gotta remember that I'm not using MSG and most restaurants are.  There is a flavor loss that needs to be replaced.


My package from Missouri Star arrives and box has a bit of an issue.  Several bits, in fact.  Check it out.




Was my order intact?  Nope.  The large items were there, but I had ordered some bag hardware.  A fun phone call later and my hardware is once again shipped.  Crazy, right?

Out to cut parts for DM and find myself cleaning out the orange tote first.


At this point, I've decided that I need to go inside and work on the larger table.  Hahahaha.  I get about halfway through the setting parts before calling it done for today.  Oh, and I cut strips for Sophie Claire at the same time, but no pic.


18th - I'm ready to shred.  The machine has a different plan, though, and it takes quite a bit of time for us to work through the jams and discover the problem.  By the time I finish today's stack, it is almost eleven.  I have got to get busy.  Out to the studio and along the way, some beauty in the yard is picture worthy.  Jen bought me this rose about 10 years ago and it is just gorgeous every year.  Miser bought the hibiscus a few weeks ago and this years basil pot is doing well too.


First up is the yellow tote - Check.


I've decided to get started on the Round Robin quilting and as I'm cleaning up the top, I have to laugh has I've tried to pick up these scissors at least three times.  I get started quilting and it's a nightmare.  My thread keeps breaking and I'm having to rethread at least 5 times per pass.


Remembering that I have been told if the thread breaks often, some beeswax can help,  Into the house so I can hunt it down and I discover that packages have arrived.  Isn't Fat Quarter Shop fast?  My backing is already here.  I also ordered thread from Etsy as my longarm machine really likes Star Threads (I wish I'd known it was arriving today, but I have to finish what I'm working on before I can use it.) and some new needles from Amazon.  Everything is here.  Cool.

 
However, I can't find the beeswax anywhere.  Ugh.  I even totally dumped a carryall onto the kitchen floor and reorganized it as well - including cleaning the kitchen floor.  No beeswax.


Giving up, back to the studio to just keep swimming.  I get this far before totally losing my mind and giving up for the day.  Grrrr.


I can cut, though.  The rest of my DM parts are done.  Whew.


19th -  Shredding is done for the morning and I'm off to finish the RR.  I can do it.  It takes me a couple of hours with all the breaks, but by the time I go back into the house, I have it quilted, trimmed and binding/label/sleeve attached.


I also clean out the purple tote - which has me bringing the yellow tote back out, doing some more culling and combining the two.  I'd really like to free up some totes and this might help.


Into the house to make lunch and get caught up on pictures and blogging.  Check.

20th -  Hello Saturday!!  We want out of the house today even if it is raining out.  The DMA has an exhibit I have been chomping at the bit to see and Mister has tickets for today.  Woohoo.  It is all about the Impressionists and I've created this Information LINK where you can see the art AND learn something if you wish.  I did the post mostly for myself and I'm delving into art history more and more.  Do you know who this gentleman on the left is?  Read and see.  Also - I found this piece super interesting.  Resin and cloth - eerie, but cool.  It has house dresses, pants, bandanas, kaftans, altered pillowcases, an altered women's sweater, a T-shirt, and wood involved in addition to the resin.  It is by Kevin Beasley.


On the way home, we make a stop at Jimmy's and come home with two full bags of Italian bliss.  I do so love that store but this is the first time we didn't buy pasta since we're trying to make it ourselves.


Groceries get dropped off and since Vector is throwing their anniversary party today - even with the rain, we opt to be supportive and stop in for lunch.  There is also an art fair in the brewery itself and  Mister goes in to check it out and then sends me in to get the item on the upper left.  What would you think he wants?


Lunch is just soooo yummy.


Oh yeah - the treasure that came home.  This very nice bowl.



21st -  Sherri called and asked if the guest room was available for a visitor Monday night.  Of course it is!  It really is as I've not been in there much since Bob vacated earlier this month.  However, I do have a mess all over the living room floor, so today it starts being put together.  I manage to get this many sections done before calling it a day.


Meanwhile, Mister is finishing up the DVD's and tonight is alphabetizing.  He has typed new titles for the folders for each movie and tossed the bigger, bulkier cases.  We make a trip to Lowe's and I "think" have finally found a washer/dryer we can live with.  We shall see.  Mister also managed to pick up some wood to make the dividers for the CD drawers he worked on earlier this month.


I finished my Round Robin tonight, but it's too dark out to take a picture.  Also - pretty cool moon tonight.


22nd - Well, it's Monday and now I NEED to get this top done first thing after the morning shredding.  I've now got it down to four sections.  I can do it.


Whew.  Barn Star top and binding are done.  All that is left is the label since it has a wide back.  Next month, this one will get a finish.


I had a package arrive from Missouri Star today --- thought I would share how wonderful FedEx can be once again.




This time everything is here, but still.  That makes three shipping messes in the past month for me.


23rd - I'm staying on track and doing the shredding first thing each day.  I empty the machine at least four times and fill a white kitchen garbage bag each day.  Seems never ending, but I will have it done before month end.  Finally printed the Chucks that we were given as downloads awhile back.  It took me forever to find my card stock.  Why is that?


Today's clean was the cookbooks and quilt books.  I am down to one shelf and super happy.


Misters DVD's all finished up as well.  Well, if that isn't an eclectic front row, what is?


More containers for the pantry arrived and I managed to get it all sorted out, all the loose bags away from the rack in the corner, and everything labeled.  


I went to borrow Mister's scissors and found this.  I think he is threatened by my love of scissors.


TA-DONE pictures of Round Robin.  I'm checking lots of odds and ends off my list today as I clean the house preparing for Sherri's arrival.  There are times I believe we need company every now and then just to keep us a little more organized.



Meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner.  Simple, but yummy.  Now to just wait - she doesn't arrive until around 9 tonight.


24th - A little girlfriend time is the BEST!!  We talked until almost midnight last night and had all morning together.  Love, love, love.  


But, then we had to say good-bye as she continues on her journey to Arkansas.


Oh - check out the front pots - aren't they lovely?


Once she departs, I get the shredding done and then head to the studio.  It's a finish cleaning up the tubs day.  I've gotten behind and that has had a bonus feature as I've decided to try and clear a large tub to use for other projects.  So . . . I start with neutrals since they are in a tall tub and now they are now.  Perfect.


Reds get done - 


Pink and Teal get combined so I gain another shallow tub.


Blue is done.


As is green.  I have so much going to the swap table.  Goodness.  My empty large tub is filled with all the Sew Sampler boxes from the past year (hoping to start tackling them one a month) and the smaller one helped me organize a shelf and get rid of the rolling baskets that were there.  Yep, more for the swap table.


25th - Will the shredding never end?  I am in awe of the amount, truly.  I even made Mister clean off his desk and add to the stack.  I can do this.  I worked on pictures today and some blogging and then decided to make Steak Rice - a recipe from my childhood.  It was pretty dang good, but I learned a lot and will do a few things different next time.  However, HUGE fan of the Jasmine Rice.


Mister has asked for cookies and I still have some energy this evening so he gets some oatmeal raisin treats.


26th -   It's another rainy day and we have new appliances being delivered.  Awesome.  That means lots of tarps down on the carpet, etc.  I have emptied out the laundry/pantry room and the old machines are ready to leave.  My living room is covered in all the items that were in here and no longer have room.  New storage helpers are on the way and should be here tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.  The machines arrive and we are in.  Woohoo.


All day Mister has been mopey due tot he rain as he has tickets to the Member Preview of the Artscape at the Arboretum.  Miraculously - it all clears up just in time.  Come along and share in some evening light at the garden through this LINK.  


Isn't this divine?  So many  more pictures in the link - it was wonderful.


27th -  It's the weekend once again and that means time together.  Starting with coffee and some errands, then some chores and a nice dinner.  The one common element - Rain.  Here is the Weekend LINK to all of our shenanigans.  


One of my chores was to repair Mister's leaf bag.  All four handles had come off and he was hoping for a repair.  He had even purchased webbing in preparation.


Being as the bag was dirty, I decided to set up a 301 outside and git 'er done.  This machine needs to have a deep clean anyway.  It's a nice interlude in the rain - according to the weather guessers, we have a 3 hour window and I'm going to take advantage.


All four handles are made before I realize that there is no way in H E Double hockey sticks that I can put the two bottom ones on.  Additionally, if you look close, you'll see that I left a pin inside one of the.  Brilliant.  Mister was able to cut it off and will use two of the handles as spares.  The original ones must have been put on before the whole thing was sewn together and I'm not taking anything apart.  It's a leaf carrier for goodness sakes.  I would have bought a new one.


Not fancy - but done.  No, I didn't even take the original bases off.  Why?  It's a leaf carrier.


Horseradish Crusted Cod on a bed of asparagus for dinner.  The cooking mojo continues.


28th - Darting about town in rain breaks we are able to go out for breakfast before another deluge strikes.  I mention that the dam must be crazy right now so we go to check it out.  Oh Em Gee.  PLEASE click the link from yesterday as the videos are so cool.



 Once back home, I get a bit of sewing done and manage to get the DM block finished for this month and also a DJ block along with the start of another.  I am SOOOOO behind on this.  



Mail call for today and I have a box from Missouri Star (no battered for a change) with two mystery backs inside and a flannel fat quarter pack.  Also, the rest of my longarm thread arrived.


I am a bit frustrated with the thread as EACH one in her ad said Star thread and many are Coats and Clark.  If I have any issues (and I will try them this week), they are going back.


The rack for the utility room arrived and Mister installed it so that we could put the whole room back together.  TA-DA  Our walk space is much smaller, but we can make it work.  Whew.


All of that deserves a reward and since it finally stopped raining, we went to OHB for the meat raffle, of which we won nothing.  Ah well. 

29th - I had so many good intentions for today, but we also decided to make a lamb roast and that was all new to me.  The new machines were put to the test with several weeks of laundry, the blog and pictures needed work and I am basically finished with the shredding.  A lot today, but no sewing and only one day left.  On the bright side - the lamb was amazing.



30th - Birthday flowers greeted me today!!!  Yep, it's coming up.  


The rest of the ENTIRE day was devoted to DJ blocks and I finished them around 10:00 p.m., put the posts up and took a deep breath.


A bit of late night blogging before calling the month done.  Not as much as I had hoped, but still a decent result.  Some things will move forward (one for the second time) but I am still motivated so hoping for good things in the future.


May is here!!!! My month!! The world is green and full of joy. So - how can we focus that joy this month. How about with friends? That's my plan and you should do the same. Allow the joy of friendships to permeate your soul.


Thank you for reading this far.  If you made it here, kudos to you.  Hope you have a great month and find a way to bring joy into your life.  Stay creative Y'all.

I've tried to make a COMPLETE list here so that I have only one place to look it all up.  I apologize in advance for the boring nature of this to y'all, but it helps me.  I've made quite a few category changes this year - anything to help stay on top of things.

Projects ready to quilt by me:   

Pressed Flowers (just needs a label made and I may make a sham to match later one) - DONE (not sham yet, still debating)
*Round Robin (mine) - DONE

UFO's to finish:  *means on UFO Monthly Challenge sheet

Alphabet project from MSQC 2022 - 
Second Half Moon Rising project from MSQC 2022 - 
*Snail Trail Quilt from MSQC 2022 - set, backing, label, binding, quilt and bind
BAD blocks as leader/enders - 
*Rhododendron Trail - 
*Sandcastles - set, backing, label, binding, quilt and bind
Midnight Flight - 
Daybreak -
Row by Rows - 
*Rachel's Sewing Room - quilt borders and attach all parts
Desert Sky - 
*Ruby Jubilee - 
Feathered Star BOW - 
*Pat Sloan quilt - Porch Swing
Designer Mystery 2022 - 

Current Projects:

Designer Mystery - Current
Dear Jane - Current
Country Christmas BOM  - 
Harry Potter BOM - Current
Barn Star BOM - Current and Ready to Quilt
Merrie Halloween BOM - Current
One Block Wonder - 
Looking Through the Lattice - 
Periwinkle Star - 
Sophie-Claire Block Exchange - All fabrics selected and cut, papers printed and cut
Sew Sampler Project each month - 
Paper-piece Project each month - DONE

New for this year: 

Turtle Items
Gnomeo and Juliet - DONE
Pillow Exchange
Penguin Mug Rugs


Items being held for MSQC in July

*Anna's Baskets - ready to quilt
Barbara Brachman Civil War Sampler - ready to quilt
Oh Happy Day - ready to quilt
Forever My Valentine - ready to quilt
Summer Moon - ready to quilt
Loyal Union - ready to quilt - needs label still  Label DONE

UFO Handwork Items:

Hand Quilting -- 
Stocking - in Montana, will work on there
Wool Wall Hanging - 

Links to Previous 2024 Monthly Posts - 

No comments:

Post a Comment