Friday, February 25, 2022

Kelly's Quilting Corner Spotlight - Coleman, TX

 After almost a week of traveling, we are on the way home and Mister has suggested I look for a quilt shop or two.  Woot - woot.  We spent the night in Winters and Coleman, TX is on our route.  This is where I discover Kelly's Quilting Corner and OMG --- I'm in love.  Kelly Sue Corder is the owner and has only been open a short time, but has amazing goals.  She is a resale shop, in that most of her inventory comes from either estate sales or store closings, but it is still a GREAT selection and growing.  Take a peek.





With a customer in the store, Kelly turns her attention elsewhere after we have had a delightful visit.  She has a bunch of vintage blocks on the table and is trying to determine just how to make them work together.


She does longarm work as well as making quilts for people out of treasure they find in their own homes.


I think I've found a new way to sell my hand quilting frame.  Perhaps a store owner would like it --- this is a GREAT way to display bolts of fabric.  Then again, maybe I'll just hold onto it until I get a larger studio and then do this myself.  Hmmmm.


And the carving below is just amazing --- 


Kelly is free again and we have some more time to visit.  She is absolutely delightful and so happy to help in any way.  Truly --- if you live anywhere near Coleman, you must stop in here.  

In the very back, behind a door is her storage area but she sees the potential here and so do I.  So much room to grown and quilts hung from the upper level.  Oh my, this is one to watch --- it's gonna be grand.


I picked up a few Row by Row kits (yeah, shoot me) that are darling and will go in the studio -- so fun.  I've been here long enough for Mister to have stopped and found a breakfast taco, eaten it, and come in for the pay stage.  Time to move on, but I will definitely be back as it is only about a half hour side trip (one way) while enroute to Abilene and visiting family.  Thank you, Kelly, for a wonderful visit and joy in a shop.  Perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Love this shop. I would have bought that Row kit with the locomotive/sewing machine also. CA Bobbie rjc2cam @ gmail.clm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun shop. It has moved since I wrote this though. The website has all the information.

      Delete