Friday, February 25, 2022

Quilter's Hide Out Spotlight - Early, TX

 Stop two for today is in Early, TX.  This is also about 45 minutes (one way) off the family trek, BUT it could be done in conjunction with the shop in Coleman and get a twofer as I've done today.  That means my brain can let me go back and oh my goodness, I would love to.  Welcome to Quilter's Hide Out.  Isn't the VW just awesome? 


Inside we go --- and I meet Vita Weehunt, the owner of the shop.  She is pure delight and I've struck gold once again.  Take a peek around.


Yep, that's Vita, but she was not aware I had already taken the picture and then moved out of the way.  Naw -- she's part of the scenery and so super nice.




They do longarm work as well.


So, the hidden treasure here is the classroom/sewing area in back.  Vita also has aspirations of a small retreat area with cabins out the back door.  I think it is a GRAND idea and would do well.

Just look at this room --- oooooh.  If I lived in the area I'd be here sewing all the time.  So much space and friends too -- perfect. 

One of Vita's customers, Jane (I hope I got that right) and I get to chatting about machine quilting and time flies.  My sweet man is just hanging out waiting to provide the funds I need for goodies.  After some more chatting with Vita about retreats and teaching classes, it's time for a final peek around and then give in to the lovelies I spotted upon first entering.



Oh so pretty -- right?  I can't wait to start in on this year's mystery.  I KNOW the plan and a new line of fabric by Riley Blake will just be awesome in it.  Take the time to check out this shop and say Howdy to Vita ---- she's delightful and I've got my fingers crossed that she'll come join us at a retreat in Rainbow soon.  Until then --- keep an eye on this shop as good things are on the way.

Now, it's time for us to get back on the road -- hoping to wind our way home tonight.  Thank you, Vita, for the lovely time in your shop.  I truly hope to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment